IGNORED

AMERICAN Tire & Auto Care

LPJR

16 hours ago, kohunter said:

They have many locations. Are some better than others?

I go to the one in Old Bridge. Been bringing my two vehicles there for years. I think good service is the goal at all their locations. They have great policies. Lifetime wheel rotation if you buy your tires there. A 30-day satisfaction guarantee on tires also. I put a set of 4 tires on my Wife's vehicle. I felt they were too noisy. They swapped them out for no labor charge. 

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I have another "Thank you, @Woodsman416" and the team at American Tire & Auto Care story.

My daughter needs new tires.  So she asks me where to shop.  Obviously I gave her the name and number of this team.  Like her father she did everything BUT calling who I recommended.  So earlier this week, after the entire family spent hours in a group text calling all around and checking this that and the other thing, my daughter again comes to me and asks me about tires.  I asked her if she called who I recommended.  She pulled her phone out on the spot and called.

Well, what I expected to happen happened.  American Tire & Auto Care came back with the best price.  I already know about their service, and I am willing to drive the 1+ hour it takes me to go to his shop.  It's all about value.  Is it worth my time to drive 1+ hours to get tires when I can get them anywhere 10-minutes from my house?  Yeah, I would drive two hours to be honest.  My daughter has an appointment on Friday for new tires.  We're all thrilled!

I have a prediction for 2023.  We are headed into some rough economic times.  Many companies are starting to cut back on things.  Those companies that see customer service as an expense and not an investment will suffer the most.  I personally am leaving brands I've been with for years to go to other brands because they have better customer service (ask me about my RAM 2500 that's been in the dealer's shop for THREE MONTHS!!! and no sign of when I get it back).  American Tire & Auto Care made an investment in customer service, and it's paying back in dividends.  You can't go wrong bringing your vehicle there.  You get taken care of, and they make sure of that.

The first word that comes to mind when I think about the shop is:  Value.  They value me as a customer, and I value the relationship I have with them and the confidence I have that they will do high quality work.  And they always deliver.

Thank you, American Tire & Auto Care!

(Now take care of my little girl's car! :) )

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

6 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

because they have better customer service (ask me about my RAM 2500 that's been in the dealer's shop for THREE MONTHS!!! and no sign of when I get it back)

Is this why we did not have a NH report?

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

7 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I have another "Thank you, @Woodsman416" and the team at American Tire & Auto Care story.

My daughter needs new tires.  So she asks me where to shop.  Obviously I gave her the name and number of this team.  Like her father she did everything BUT calling who I recommended.  So earlier this week, after the entire family spent hours in a group text calling all around and checking this that and the other thing, my daughter again comes to me and asks me about tires.  I asked her if she called who I recommended.  She pulled her phone out on the spot and called.

Well, what I expected to happen happened.  American Tire & Auto Care came back with the best price.  I already know about their service, and I am willing to drive the 1+ hour it takes me to go to his shop.  It's all about value.  Is it worth my time to drive 1+ hours to get tires when I can get them anywhere 10-minutes from my house?  Yeah, I would drive two hours to be honest.  My daughter has an appointment on Friday for new tires.  We're all thrilled!

I have a prediction for 2023.  We are headed into some rough economic times.  Many companies are starting to cut back on things.  Those companies that see customer service as an expense and not an investment will suffer the most.  I personally am leaving brands I've been with for years to go to other brands because they have better customer service (ask me about my RAM 2500 that's been in the dealer's shop for THREE MONTHS!!! and no sign of when I get it back).  American Tire & Auto Care made an investment in customer service, and it's paying back in dividends.  You can't go wrong bringing your vehicle there.  You get taken care of, and they make sure of that.

The first word that comes to mind when I think about the shop is:  Value.  They value me as a customer, and I value the relationship I have with them and the confidence I have that they will do high quality work.  And they always deliver.

Thank you, American Tire & Auto Care!

(Now take care of my little girl's car! :) )

Curious as to what’s wrong with the ram?

1 hour ago, CJ3a said:

Is this why we did not have a NH report?

Exactly why you didn't.  Trip was canceled this year because I couldn't get us there.  And I really, really could have used that trip this year.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Just now, mike033089 said:

Curious as to what’s wrong with the ram?

Transmission.  I'm not the only one with the issue.  You can Google "2018 Ram 2500 transmission issue" and come up with pages of folks with issues.  65K miles on it, less than 1K miles towing, and the heaviest it towed was a couple of quads on a dual-axel trailer.  They have to replace the entire transmission.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Just now, Haskell_Hunter said:

Transmission.  I'm not the only one with the issue.  You can Google "2018 Ram 2500 transmission issue" and come up with pages of folks with issues.  65K miles on it, less than 1K miles towing, and the heaviest it towed was a couple of quads on a dual-axel trailer.  They have to replace the entire transmission.

Wow, I don’t understand why any manufacturer can’t make something that last longer than it takes to pay it off. I know there will always be exceptions however  everything is crap now. I have an 2018 ram 1500, stripped down model.  I don’t use it much, only when needed as I have a far commute.  But it’s got about 30k on it.  Got it about 2 years ago with 23k on it.  So far no problems 

43 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

Wow, I don’t understand why any manufacturer can’t make something that last longer than it takes to pay it off. I know there will always be exceptions however  everything is crap now. I have an 2018 ram 1500, stripped down model.  I don’t use it much, only when needed as I have a far commute.  But it’s got about 30k on it.  Got it about 2 years ago with 23k on it.  So far no problems 

I have a 66RFE transmission.  That's the problem one.  If you have one, it's only a matter of time.  Some poor chap only had 25K on his truck before his went.  It's nuts!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

8 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

...(ask me about my RAM 2500 that's been in the dealer's shop for THREE MONTHS!!! and no sign of when I get it back). ... 66RFE transmission. ...

Dodge has no transmissions available to get you going?  And, they can't repair yours? WTF. That really sucks.

22 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have a 66RFE transmission.  That's the problem one.  If you have one, it's only a matter of time.  Some poor chap only had 25K on his truck before his went.  It's nuts!

According to google and my dipstick placement I am screwed in the future. MAybe I’ll be one of the lucky ones.  Not looking good given my track record of odd house repairs the last 2 months haha. 

31 minutes ago, BothBarrels said:

Dodge has no transmissions available to get you going?  And, they can't repair yours? WTF. That really sucks.

None available in the US.  No ETA.  And I'm not the first guy in line waiting for them.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

9 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I got rid of my 2012 Ram 2500 in September. Had the tranny rebuilt last year at under 80,000 miles and it started throwing torque converter codes again a year later with about 7,500 miles on the rebuild. Traded it in and bought a Tacoma. Big change from the 2500 to a Tacoma but I’m adjusting to the little truck. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: