IGNORED

Hunter harassment in Old Bridge or Marlboro???

Hey all, just reaching out to see if anyone has been having issues with a certain individual in the Old Bridge and Marlboro area. Seems as though quite a few people have. The person is telling people they are hunting illegally on Township properties. The individual approached me yesterday and introduced himself to me as a police officer. He said I was hunting illegally.  As a good citizen and a believer of cooperation with the law, I called it quits for the day. I later reached out to the police department. Turns out he was NOT on duty that day.  He was also in plain clothes and in a personaly owned vehicle. I've reached out to several law enforcement agencies and started the whole ordeal of taking action. I was told this is 100% hunter harassment and I am moving forward with it. Apparently he does this to alot of people and then when you comply, he moves into your area. Ironically enough me and my buds switched over to cell cameras 3 years ago. So i cant share the juicy stuff yet, the worst of it I will share at a later point. And believe me it gets a whole bunch worse. The one thing i do know is that he is hunting the very same property we are. Has anyone had any issues with someone in the area of old bridge twp, Marlboro twp,  freehold twp and possibly howell twp? Any info helps. I really need the help as I am going up against a law enforcement officer. It's truly cheating and just not fair. I am an Army Veteran and hunting has been a really great way to transition to civilian life for me. Also my 10 year old son was pretty bummed out. I can pass any info onto the DEP conservation officers/ game wardens and 2 police departments in the area. Or set you up with those folks I am already dealing with so you can maintain anonymity.  Thanks in advance and Happy New Year! 

Thanks for the advice. Sorry that you went through all of that. I guess you probably no who i am talking about? I wont put his name up, although he would do it to someone else. I refuse to leave. I spoke to his own department and they said it's perfectly legal to hunt there and there are no issues or statutes that they are aware of. Crappy  thing is that I won't be able to bring my son because of an egotistical loser with a badge. Unfortunately for him, he snuck up on the wrong treestand! A bunch of people have him on camera and are joining the fight. 

Good to see someone being held accountable for bad actions. Many guys would just have moved on. Good for you for doing what you are doing.  Not sure of all the circumstances but could you get him charged for taking away your civil right under false pretenses and abusing his position to do it? I wish you the best. I respect positions of authority. I do not respect when they abuse that authority. 

7 hours ago, NJ Bow Ninja said:

Thanks for the advice. Sorry that you went through all of that. I guess you probably no who i am talking about? I wont put his name up, although he would do it to someone else. I refuse to leave. I spoke to his own department and they said it's perfectly legal to hunt there and there are no issues or statutes that they are aware of. Crappy  thing is that I won't be able to bring my son because of an egotistical loser with a badge. Unfortunately for him, he snuck up on the wrong treestand! A bunch of people have him on camera and are joining the fight. 

That sucks when someone  takes full advantage  of their position or office to have their own way or get rid of someone out " of their area".

Keep us all informed on this as time moves forward. If this Guy Goes for the Spring Toms- he will probably  try to keep the Weekend Scouters out  of " his area".

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.