IGNORED

Butts and Bows Washington Ave Belleville NJ

Patrick Harvey

Len started next door in a little place 2 walk down Lane's.

I could write a book about that place started going in there in 1969 it was my second home. I lived a block and a half away

Nobody mentioned Mae, she ran the show

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

... Nobody mentioned Mae, she ran the show

Was that his wife?

My only time there was with one of my very young sons, who was still too small for their youth bows. She rigged one up for him.

I kinda knew Len from the Deer Classic shows. I haven't been there in years.

17 hours ago, Jim_ said:

Was that his wife?

My only time there was with one of my very young sons, who was still too small for their youth bows. She rigged one up for him.

I kinda knew Len from the Deer Classic shows. I haven't been there in years.

Mae was not his wife, always was told and believed it was his mom.

Mary Jo was his wife, she died of cancer in her 40s.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Joe Caruso owned and ran 4 seasons Archery in North Bergen......he and I became great friends, even though I was very young and spent most of my time in the front of his store/range , playing pin ball machines !! LOL.....But as I got older I spent a ton of time in his range and learned so much about shooting and hunting from him.  Lenny, would be there at least once a week as was his partner Joe, who ran Summit archery. .. I have so many fond memories of that whole era and owe a ton of shooting and hunting knowledge from that whole gang .

DV

21 minutes ago, Msgdan said:

Joe Caruso owned and ran 4 seasons Archery in North Bergen......he and I became great friends, even though I was very young and spent most of my time in the front of his store/range , playing pin ball machines !! LOL.....But as I got older I spent a ton of time in his range and learned so much about shooting and hunting from him.  Lenny, would be there at least once a week as was his partner Joe, who ran Summit archery. .. I have so many fond memories of that whole era and owe a ton of shooting and hunting knowledge from that whole gang .

DV

Hey Dan, wasn’t the guy who owned Summit Archery in JC named Billy? 

I know the owner's name of Summit archery  was Tom Torre and I do believe there was a Billy and a couple others that had part of it.  When I started to drive in  1977, me and a couple of friends would always make the rounds to Summit archery, 4 seasons and Butts and Bows.....especially during hunting season when all 3 were checking stations.

DV

1 hour ago, Msgdan said:

I know the owner's name of Summit archery  was Tom Torre and I do believe there was a Billy and a couple others that had part of it.  When I started to drive in  1977, me and a couple of friends would always make the rounds to Summit archery, 4 seasons and Butts and Bows.....especially during hunting season when all 3 were checking stations.

DV

I was going there about the same time, 4-5 years prior to 77 as well. 
I lived a few blocks from there and would walk down every other day or so and shoot. 
We used to bring our Gfs there when we were teens and show off shooting, not many city kids new how to shoot, so they were always impressed!😉

Took my test in their in 1983

im going through the attic now looking for my deer and double deer trophies

miss that era

i still have arrow boxes and arrows stamped butts n bows 

1990 I had 2d largest doe  with only one day left in season 

ended up fourth.   Smh.  

f that 32 years ago.   life goes by so damm fast