IGNORED

My real life cold feet boot reviews

JHbowhunter

17 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

My feet get cold if the temp drops below 50. I was running out of ideas until I got these. To say they're a game changer is an understatement. I get to my spot, take off my boots, and throw these on. Don't over think it, and spend tons of money on overpriced boots.. all you need is these.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 5.55.30 PM.png

I used them back when it was either 800 grams or pack boots .

I carried them in and put them over my boots as soon as I got in the stand .

they worked great .

still have 2 pairs of them 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

14 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

What I find odd , is  the kamiks ice breakers you find the warmest, are the worst boots I have ever worn .

‘They are the only boots my feet ever got cold in .

I’m wondering if the boots your feet are getting cold in are too tight just cutting off foot circulation .

I can wear my ice breakers with just a light sock to 20 degrees .

colder than 20 I just wear a pair of smart wool socks .

Did u mean u can wear your Artic Ice with a light sock?  

My Mucks fit nice - nothing cut off just a perfect fit actually. The bogs fit same around the feet but are loose and open at the top because they are just easy slip ons.  But man they are so much warmer. They way I did this compare was identical conditions and socks. Cold feet vs warm feet do not lie. If anything it was just a few degrees colder with the bogs but toes still warm. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

14 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

My Mucks fit nice - nothing cut off just a perfect fit actually. The bogs fit same around the feet but are loose and open at the top because they are just easy slip ons.  But man they are so much warmer. They way I did this compare was identical conditions and socks. Cold feet vs warm feet do not lie. If anything it was just a few degrees colder with the bogs but toes still warm. 

Yes light sock down to 20 degrees , colder than that I wear a pair of smart wools 

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I wear muck arctic pros in cold weather, not bad, probably warmer boots out there, but they’re easy on an off which is nice also.  I’m not sure how different they are from the arctic ice that you have.

The Arctic ice are supposed to be a little warmer than the pros , I don’t see much difference if any .

I have few pairs of both 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to My real life cold feet boot reviews
24 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I'm thinking your feet just sweat a lot. If your feet warmer with the open tops and not with the Mucks etc..... I'm thinking the sweat/heat generatored while walking is keeping your feet dryer with open boots. 

Either wear light boots to the stand and switch your socks out to dry ones with a heavier insulated boot. 

I have a brand new pair of 1600g alpha's you can have to see if they help.

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Jack I suffer from very cold feet as well. When the temps really drop I bring in the  boot blankets. I walk in with a comfortable boot and then take them off.  Put on a warm pair of slippers and a hand warmer in the blanket very warm for all day sits but its a process. I have a smaller version which are Arctic Shields that slip right over the boots I’m wearing and add a hand warmer these are warm but haven’t tried them for an all day sit. This year I grabbed some electric socks and they are working good so far but only for 3 - 4 hr sits. I found that wearing my lighter boots while walking in makes a huge difference. Also I always wear merino wool socks. 

37 minutes ago, Booner said:

I'm thinking your feet just sweat a lot. If your feet warmer with the open tops and not with the Mucks etc..... I'm thinking the sweat/heat generatored while walking is keeping your feet dryer with open boots. 

Either wear light boots to the stand and switch your socks out to dry ones with a heavier insulated boot. 

I have a brand new pair of 1600g alpha's you can have to see if they help.

I have thought about the sweat factor.  I have tried SURE spray antiperspirants on feet -no difference.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

My feet get cold if the temp drops below 50. I was running out of ideas until I got these. To say they're a game changer is an understatement. I get to my spot, take off my boots, and throw these on. Don't over think it, and spend tons of money on overpriced boots.. all you need is these.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 5.55.30 PM.png

I’ve used these for years. IMO they’re a pain to put on and take off while in the stand but they are extremely warm. 

The other thing that helps in general is to wear a sock liner and wool socks.