IGNORED

Vortex Viper HD 10x42 Review and Discussion

BowhunterNJ

17 minutes ago, DBuck said:

I just noticed on Cabelas website they have 2 different Vipers for sale. One set Starts at $449. the other one that you posted is a Cabelas exclusive for $299.

Yeah that's the difference in the two generations I guess but as we've been discussing the specs Cabelas lists don't match what's received. 

36 minutes ago, james7 said:

I’ve had my viper hds for I think 4 years now , got them from optics planet for maybe about 4 on sale … great bino love them and have no problems with them , theyve gone thru abuse and have held up great 

Do you wear glasses?  Just wondering if you do and are seeing the same vingetting in yours as I am in mine.

When I went to check out the diamond back HD versus the vipers the gentleman behind the counter said for the money it is not worth getting the vipers. 

I was looking at the 12x50's.

I want to purchase the vortex diamond back HD'S.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

7 hours ago, thefirstndsecond said:

When I went to check out the diamond back HD versus the vipers the gentleman behind the counter said for the money it is not worth getting the vipers. 

I was looking at the 12x50's.

I want to purchase the vortex diamond back HD'S.

I was thinking of buying the 12x50s. But a lot of the reviews said they are too wide to properly see through both opticals, unless you have a big head.

This thread throughly confused me. Which Vortex is better ? Plain simple English for me please

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Received my Vipers today .

here is my unscientific results .

looked through my 10x42 diamondbacks and the 10x42 vipers .

could see the vipers were getting more light in them .

tried my 8x42 diamondbacks and could still see the vipers got better light .

I focused on a maple tree at approx 80 yards .

at 445 I could just barely see the barks lines on the tree with either pair of the diamondbacks .

But could clearly see all the bark and it’s distinct lines clearly with the vipers

at 450 I looked into the brush under a pine tree , surrounded by saplings approx 90 yards away.(couldn’t see with naked eye )

I could distinguish each sapling until

454 with 10x42 diamondbacks 

457 with 8x42 diamondbacks 

505 with the 10x42 vipers .

‘so the  vipers gained me just a little more time in low light . 

that being said . For me there is a huge difference hand holding the 8 and the 10 power  binoculars.

I def had to concentrate harder holding the tens relatively still , where the 8 power seem to just stay out easier .

5B92E818-C089-4485-91B2-091BC8AC0F7E.jpeg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Received my Vipers today .

here is my unscientific results .

looked through my 10x42 diamondbacks and the 10x42 vipers .

could see the vipers were getting more light in them .

tried my 8x42 diamondbacks and could still see the vipers got better light .

I focused on a maple tree at approx 80 yards .

at 445 I could just barely see the barks lines on the tree with either pair of the diamondbacks .

But could clearly see all the bark and it’s distinct lines clearly with the vipers

at 450 I looked into the brush under a pine tree , surrounded by saplings approx 90 yards away.(couldn’t see with naked eye )

I could distinguish each sapling until

454 with 10x42 diamondbacks 

457 with 8x42 diamondbacks 

505 with the 10x42 vipers .

‘so the  vipers gained me just a little more time in low light . 

that being said . For me there is a huge difference hand holding the 8 and the 10 power  binoculars.

I def had to concentrate harder holding the tens relatively still , where the 8 power seem to just stay out easier .

5B92E818-C089-4485-91B2-091BC8AC0F7E.jpeg

So which pair are you selling .  Lol .  Good review Dan