IGNORED

Vortex Viper HD 10x42 Review and Discussion

BowhunterNJ

16 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Think I'll give them a try, I have 8x43 Zen Rays now that are nice glass but a terrible build.  Eye pieces coming off, just crap.  I know these are 10x, but I don't mind that.

I just replaced my 8x43 Zen Rays with the Vortex Diamondbacks last month. So much clearer and quality build. I could imagine that the vipers are far and away better. I just may have to find out for that price.

I paid $169 for the camo Diamondbacks from Cabelas also 10x43

Edited by roy381
SPELLING

51 minutes ago, roy381 said:

I just replaced my 8x43 Zen Rays with the Vortex Diamondbacks last month. So much clearer and quality build. I could imagine that the vipers are far and away better. I just may have to find out for that price.

Awesome, that's what I like to hear!  

13 minutes ago, roy381 said:

A few reviews are saying they are no bettter than the Diamondbacks. I have a pair of Diamond backs (8x42) and I'm very happy with them. One of the things I don't like from the reviews, some say the Vipers are heavy. There's other Diamondbacks on sale right now too, I might pick up a 10x42 or 50, maybe even a 12x.  Considering spending the money on a pair of the 15x56 just to keep in my vehicle. The Diamondbacks come with the glasspack also, not the 15s though.

4 hours ago, DBuck said:

A few reviews are saying they are no bettter than the Diamondbacks. I have a pair of Diamond backs (8x42) and I'm very happy with them. One of the things I don't like from the reviews, some say the Vipers are heavy. There's other Diamondbacks on sale right now too, I might pick up a 10x42 or 50, maybe even a 12x.  Considering spending the money on a pair of the 15x56 just to keep in my vehicle. The Diamondbacks come with the glasspack also, not the 15s though.

ZenRay 8x43 = 27.1 oz
Vortex Viper HD 10x42 =  24.9 oz
Vortex Diamondback 10x42 = 21.3 oz

The Diamondbacks are definitely lighter, but the Viper HDs are lighter than what I'm carrying now.  Either way, I don't think the 3.6oz is a major "heaviness" factor that anyone would notice.  I've heard the Diamondbacks are very good as well, and a great pricepoint too :up: 

3 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

I haven't tried the Viper HD, but the Diamondback HD 10x28 I got last year have been great.

Nice crisp image and no fogging, even when going from warm vehicle/house to cold winter air.

Honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the Vortex binos!!

I have a pair of 10x28 vortex that are garbage . Focus knob broke off which they did fix . On my Ohio hunt couple weeks ago they fogged up on me . I’m going to send them back and see if they will do something for me on a different pair . Customer service was good I will say that . 

25 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

I have a pair of 10x28 vortex that are garbage . Focus knob broke off which they did fix . On my Ohio hunt couple weeks ago they fogged up on me . I’m going to send them back and see if they will do something for me on a different pair . Customer service was good I will say that . 

Which model?

On 11/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, BowhunterNJ said:

I ordered these , then saw someone questioned that the specs are not the same for these as it’s shown for the normal viper HD.

that thry are possibly made for sales and not the same quality 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/