IGNORED

Rain next week?

mazzgolf

I know it's a week away and the weather forecasters have a hard time getting it right even for the next day but ..  right now weather for 6-day up north looks sketchy .. rain beginning of the week.

What's that do to the bears? Are bears as active in the rain as when it's dry?

That Monday is my best chance to get out all week. I already took off of work that day. Only other day I'll be able to get out is Wednesday. Hoping at least it doesn't downpour.

All animals move in the rain. It bothers the hunter more than the game they are seeking

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

31 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

You want to be there when the rain stops.

Agree,a 2 hour drive for him he'll be there already! Hopefully in the meantime I hope he does not melt.lol..

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I haven't tried for bear in 8 years now 

Last time I did I had 5 coming in every day rain or shine at 1630, sat out all day waiting for them only to have some asshat sneak into swamp in front of me.

Sure as crap 1615bi here them walking in the water I start seeing legs gun up hammer back waiting then boom boom boom you could hear the buckshot ripping through the swamp.

All hell breaks loose bears are running every direction and I start yelling

This bag of crap was pissed off he had bears walking past him no bear tag and just throwing buckshot to whatever I was too pissed at that point and left before it got bad.

Any luck some rain doesn't slow down movement but keeps at least some of the crap out of the woods.

8 years since gun will be leaving the house I'm kinda excited regardless of weather

It's the other people that will ruin my day

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

7 minutes ago, Roon said:

I haven't tried for bear in 8 years now 

8 years since gun will be leaving the house I'm kinda excited regardless of weather

It's the other people that will ruin my day

Atta boy I respect your response you step up to the plate. In my 50 years experience of hunting if I lisented to the weatherman and stayed home I would probably not have experience 75% of the great times and memories I had!!!!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

7 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Yeah right, none out tonight.:laughing:

I know a couple bear outfitters well enough that they let me know when I’m wasting my time and they have both been 100% correct when they’ve told me to stay in camp when it rains. Each time there have been 8-12 hunters in camp and when it’s windy or rainy, maybe 1 bear gets shot. I’ll take their advise over anyone on here cause they do it for a living. 

"That's a dead bear!"

6 minutes ago, Shakyjake said:

I’ll take that bet. I’ve killed plenty over the years and have sat on stand for dozens of days and have seen zero when it rains. 

I didn't say day I said night with this rain tomorrow is the day to if you want to scout and you got trails and mud.