IGNORED

Tracking Help List - Who's Available and Locations

Ms Grit

Zone 2 and 67, NW corner.  Don't know my availability this year do to taking care of my elderly parents, but I'd like to see what my dachshund can do following a blood trail.  She is a heck of a backyard tracker of anything that has passed through.  Intense hunter.

Post up where to meet you, and at what time.  If I can help, even if it's just a late recovery attempt for the rack, I will respond to your message.

Ahhh... the old "trust me, I have permission".

A few years ago -- I was new to hunting and a friend of a friend belonged to a club. He invited me and my friend to hunt with the club on a deer drive during 6-day. I didn't know him from Adam but I figured if my friend would go so would I just to see what this whole "club deer drive" experience is all about. I was told we were going to hunt property no one knows about but was promised it was all legal and we had permission. Well, on one of these "hidden gems", before we finished driving it, the police came, told us to get out because we didn't have permission to be there.

Luckily, we didn't get any tickets - but that will be the LAST time I ever trust anyone when they say, "Trust me, I have permission to be here." If I don't know for sure who owns the land and that I'm allowed to be on it, I won't step foot on it.

Oh, and I haven't been on a deer drive since :)

Was it Pineyboy?

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

anybody knows me in z5 or z2 - you know how to find me, and know I will help track.  Really enjoyed tracking my neighbor's son's first buck last early October. It was textbook. I was hunting several hundred yards away, his 12 year old son arrows a 5pt, and they text me and say it was a marginal hit and I said let it go, don't push it. Based on description of where arrow hit, I am suggesting 4 hour wait. I am on the community scrape, and had a hunt ruined by a bear that was heading their way right after they texted me about the hit buck.  I let them know a bear was heading their way, and they immediately text back "I think the bear is on the buck - lots of thrashing in direction buck went".    I still said we had to wait.  My buddy and I went in around 11:30 PM and let his son sleep for next day football game. very little blood, based on description I thought liver and gut, and hole was plugged. It was all uphill in wicked Autumn Olive - 80% of search was on hands and knees. Lost trail several times had to grid search in dark on hands and knees and started deducing "this is only trail a wounded buck or any healthy deer could possibly take" so that was trail we followed.  Barely a rabbit would fit through. Once again found blood and by 12:30 AM, I found his buck. It was indeed disemboweled. It was indeed a liver/gut hit with only an entrance hole at a pretty extreme quartering away angle. It was pretty gruesome. I held the legs and made my buddy gut his son's buck while he nearly vomited. The buck was nearly cold but no rigor so it probably died not long after shot from being disemboweled by the bear. I actually think the bear was on it as we approached and it ran off... Very little meat was damaged thankfully but that was one helluva tough tracking!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Im in zone 10 and I track like an Indian, the American kind,  and my number is in my signature, also if you need any painting or real estate needs my number is in my signature........

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

It's deer season and even though I don't hunt until early october, I am already enjoying it.   today was my first recovery of the new season.  any one need some help give me a call, there are about 25 of us now and if I can't make it I could hook you up with someone.  there is no reason to not find a deer anymore.      Paul  908-415-9542

dallas 91023.JPG

3 minutes ago, hiking said:

It's deer season and even though I don't hunt until early october, I am already enjoying it.   today was my first recovery of the new season.  any one need some help give me a call, there are about 25 of us now and if I can't make it I could hook you up with someone.  there is no reason to not find a deer anymore.      Paul  908-415-9542

dallas 91023.JPG

Great stuff hiking!!  Kudos!  

5 hours ago, hiking said:

dallas 91023.JPG

I was just talking about you and Dallas the other day finding my first ever buck years ago…so grateful for the work you do and am reminded of it every time I look at that shoulder mount on my wall! 

244AC0AF-8566-41DE-94E7-0365C487689E.jpeg

7CA6A25E-A586-4C57-85FB-15DC1B5B6171.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...