IGNORED

No bow for bear hunt

Steved

As reported there are a significant number of bears in Passaic County. Many in residential areas where you can’t get 450’ from neighbors. But you could use a bow! If they are serious about reducing the bear population why the heck can’t you use a bow or crossbow? A crossbow with a scape is accurate and gets the job done! Makes no sense.

Wasn't it always like that? The Segment A (October) was when bow was legal... but Segment B (December) was long gun only? At least that's how the 2020 season was: https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/2020/bear_summary20.pdf

I don't think the regulations changed in this regard.

That said, I hear you. If you can use bow during 6-day for deer, I don't know the reason why it wasn't ever allowed for bear.

1 hour ago, Steved said:

As reported there are a significant number of bears in Passaic County. Many in residential areas where you can’t get 450’ from neighbors. But you could use a bow! If they are serious about reducing the bear population why the heck can’t you use a bow or crossbow? A crossbow with a scape is accurate and gets the job done! Makes no sense.

I might be wrong but the 150 rule for bow I thought was just for deer