IGNORED

PA bear season the crews getting ready!

Eyesofthewoods

43 minutes ago, Deerslayer21 said:

awesome!!!  Good luck ..   How do you decide who gets to shoot and who gets to sit?

Take turns on who wits and drives.  I ussually drive more then I sit but I also have 2 bears under my belt. I do it for the fun of it and for the group aspect.  Lots of my best friends, cousins and others are on the other end of the swamp so if I can be part of getting that bear to them that’s a great thing.  Plus you gotta know the swamp to drive it right not all guys do.  

I have been driving bears a few years with guys and more often than you would think  drivers will get a shot or two at  bear as well. Especially guys who are flanking the thick stuff.  Of course the guys in the worst thick stuff will not see anything.  I seldom bring my gun with me in the thick crap. Just makes it harder especially when you are on your hands and knees....lol

40 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I have been driving bears a few years with guys and more often than you would think  drivers will get a shot or two at  bear as well. Especially guys who are flanking the thick stuff.  Of course the guys in the worst thick stuff will not see anything.  I seldom bring my gun with me in the thick crap. Just makes it harder especially when you are on your hands and knees....lol

Agreed.  Almost never have my rifle with me too thick.  Unless we drive the scrub oaks on the mountain then I’ll take it and like you said drivers have a good chance as well.  I have a good feeling about tommorow! 

2 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

Agreed.  Almost never have my rifle with me too thick.  Unless we drive the scrub oaks on the mountain then I’ll take it and like you said drivers have a good chance as well.  I have a good feeling about tommorow! 

Best of luck in the morning! Hope some bears hit the dirt for your crew. Love the anticipation, will be tough for you to sleep tonight brother! 

Edited by LPJR

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Best of luck in the morning! Hope some bears hit the dirt for your crew. Love the anticipation, will tough for you to sleep tonight brother! 

No kidding been texting the crew all day I don’t think there will be much sleeping.  When I was younger my apartment became the unofficial bear camp.  Would have lots of people crashing there lots of beer cans and lots of bear stories miss those days!