IGNORED

shotgun saddle and rifled slug experience

hostak126

anyone have experience with a saddle to attach a scope? I have a browning bps 12 gauge w/ smooth bore and a rifled barrel is almost as much as the gun cost me and hard to find. Anyone have any luck with rifled slugs and smooth bore? I found a rifled choke to assist with a little spin on the projectile.

The saddle attachment would be an add-on. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

3 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Some smooth bores shoot rifled slugs well. I had a smooth bore benelli nova that shoots rifled slugs very well. Like any gun, need to find the right ammo. The saddles tend to be sloppy, but sometimes your only option. 

I'm going to do a fully seated test fit on the shotgun tomorrow, but from the semi test fit i did it feels like its going to be pretty solid

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

I have an 870 that shoots rifled slugs pretty well out of a smooth bore barrel.   I use it with a saddle mount that I have a red dot mounted on.  I’m not sure the brand of saddle mount (pretty sure I got it on Amazon) but it locks on and has been very secure with no problems. 

I used saddle mounts on my Beretta and Remington shotguns. The design of the Remington was foolproof but the Beretta one had some mounting error possibilities. I have gotten rid of them both. I used it for slug shooting and turkey hunting. 

If shooting close range, they will serve the purpose. 

1 hour ago, electricstart said:

When slugs were legalized, all we used were rifled slugs and smooth bore . Very accurate to 100 yards. At least my 12 gauge  870 was. Brenneke rifled slugs was the ones I used also . I did also have that saddle for the scope . 

Remington Sluggers shot great out of my smooth bore 870 barrel