IGNORED

Whittingham bear zone

Bone collector 85

I actually like that map (and @Bone collector 85 - try out that map - very useful to find zones like this - just like what @rgw did).

I was using it last night doing a little northern zone scouting :)

Yeah, it gets a little blurry when you zoom in. You can turn off the overlays (so the highlights disappear and you only see the imagery) in case that helps. But it is useful to see all the public lands/WMAs highlighted with the zone boundaries shown.

The bear map can be accessed via this link: https://dep.nj.gov/njfw/bearzones/

7 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Can we agree the Division’s bear zone map sucks huge?  It’s blurry even before you attempt to zoom in making that impossible. Basic internet website stuff, but I no longer know who does that for F&W. 

It’s simple if you read the boundary description. 

What I have been doing is going to that state map so I can see the boundaries and the state's "official" overlays for WMAs. If the satellite imagery is too blurry, I'm going to Google Maps and/or HuntStand and zooming in with those tools. I have the subscription to HuntStand and with that they also show you the boundaries of the zones and WMAs, but I prefer to consult the official NJ state map first just to be clear I know where the official boundaries are (i.e. I'm not assuming HuntStand's data is 100% accurate).