Jump to content
IGNORED

Meat Grinder?


JR8899
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi does anyone have suggestions for a meat grinder? They don't seam cheap and I don't mind spending it if it is quality. Also looking for a sausage stuffer. Anyone ever buy anything from the company "Meat!"? Looks like they got some pretty nice stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How often do you plan on using it?

I can tell you my experience with Cabelas mid-level "Deluxe" grinder has been great, but I use it at most for 2 deer a year and that's it. I've had it for a few years now (just used it this past week as a matter of fact) and I love it. It comes with a sausage attachment but I never used it so can't say how easy it is to use. But I also can't say how it would hold up if I used it all year long for lots of things.

This is what I have: https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-deluxe-meat-grinder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

How often do you plan on using it?

I can tell you my experience with Cabelas mid-level "Deluxe" grinder has been great, but I use it at most for 2 deer a year and that's it. I've had it for a few years now (just used it this past week as a matter of fact) and I love it. It comes with a sausage attachment but I never used it so can't say how easy it is to use. But I also can't say how it would hold up if I used it all year long for lots of things.

This is what I have: https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-deluxe-meat-grinder

Thanks I'll check it out. Probably similar use to you. Occasional use for what I harvest. I have a doe in the freezer and best case scenario I'll add a buck to the stock. 

Edit: pretty cool that it comes with the sausage attachment - two birds with one stone!

Edited by JR8899
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, james7 said:

Meat! is supposedly pretty good brand, Weston’s too,  no experience with them  tho i grind with my wife’s kitchen aid mixer and it works fine for me 

I do the same with my wife's KitchenAid. 

I did buy this set of 6 grinding plates since the KitchenAid only came with 2 plates.

https://a.co/d/h91Ea15

For stuffing cases I use this LEM 5lb vertical stuffer.  https://a.co/d/5oknyVR

Looks like it doubled in price on Amazon since I paid $130 back in 2016.

It looks like Home Depot and Scheels has it for $180.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was always LEM in my house house growing up. My Uncle used his for as long as I could remember, using it all the time all year. I ended up getting one of the Cabelas grinders myself years ago in the bargain cave for a steal. I’ve had no problems with it. I’ve only used it for a couple deer a year. 
 

I have the older model of this:  

 

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-commercial-grade-1-2hp-carnivore-meat-grinder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

I do the same with my wife's KitchenAid. 

I did buy this set of 6 grinding plates since the KitchenAid only came with 2 plates.

https://a.co/d/h91Ea15

For stuffing cases I use this LEM 5lb vertical stuffer.  https://a.co/d/5oknyVR

Looks like it doubled in price on Amazon since I paid $130 back in 2016.

It looks like Home Depot and Scheels has it for $180.

I bought a kitchen aid brand one, and no matter what i did it had like gray metal shavings mixed in. I even tried another one and oiled it well before use, same outcome. I think a 3rd party company makes one for the kitchen aid mixer, kinda hesitant to try it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a 1 HP  and a 1 3/4 HP Cabelas grinder .

both are now over 20 years old .

‘and have seen a ton of use .

we use the 1 hp mostly , the larger one only comes out when we are doing a few deer at the same time .

Stuffer we use is a 5 Lb lem .

 

stuffing tubes on a grinder are just ok for large sausages , IMO  a stuffer is much easier to use and creates a less air filled product , and works ten times better when doing snack sticks etc .

 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I have a 1 HP  and a 1 3/4 HP Cabelas grinder .

both are now over 20 years old .

‘and have seen a ton of use .

we use the 1 hp mostly , the larger one only comes out when we are doing a few deer at the same time .

Stuffer we use is a 5 Lb lem .

 

stuffing tubes on a grinder are just ok for large sausages , IMO  a stuffer is much easier to use and creates a less air filled product , and works ten times better when doing snack sticks etc .

 

Good to know I was wondering the difference between using the attachments vs a stand alone stuffer. I'd figure I'd give it a go with the attachments before buying a stand alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...