IGNORED

Ruined hunt at power line in colliers mills

deadonshot2

17 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

On 11/4 I walk in to my lock on at 9am. When I walked in I seen my feeder on the ground. I look up and there's a guy unhooking his climber. He stole two cards and cut down my feeder. Hunted it first they tore it up. Trying to run me out

No, not South Jersey hunters they have high scruples.:rofl:

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 11/10/2022 at 7:09 PM, deadonshot2 said:

Thanks to the two guys who put up a stand at 4pm today while my 3rd year hunter watched you from the stand I had her in. There is another stand that a guy put up this year 75 yards away. You will love him when he is rattling and blowing his grunt tube every 15 minutes like clockwork. His grunt tube sounds like a kazoo. Maybe we should all just throw bait in between all 3 stands and see who can shoot one first.  What would possess you guys to put up a stand at 4pm during the rut?  I know it is public land but I would never do something like that. And just think more people need to think about other hunters and not just themselves. I hope you sit there saturday so you get to meet the pheasant hunters that are going to be walking past you where you set up.  

It sucks but it doesn’t always ruin the hunt.  2 years ago opening day of pa rifle a husband and wife set up a blind with a heater 75 yards directly in front of me.  This is at 2 pm and I had been sitting there since 5:30 am in blaze orange.  I was pissed until 30 min later this guy popped out.  I would have loved to see how high they jumped at the shot. 

7AB0E914-C643-4226-AA33-EE5A01E3A976.jpeg

AF8215B7-B830-4569-B7E7-DACF898922D1.jpeg

Did you go talk to them about it?  Or just come on here and complain about them. Balancing life for every one is different.  By no means am I condoning what they did, but there could have been a reason why. 

I have shot plenty of deer during and after some amazing stuff I have seen in the woods. 

Edited by Ron

6 hours ago, Ron said:

Did you go talk to them about it?  Or just come on here and complain about them. Balancing life for every one is different.  By no means am I condoning what they did, but there could have been a reason why. 

I have shot plenty of deer during and after some amazing stuff I have seen in the woods. 

I did not find out about it until I picked up my 3rd year hunter after dark and they were gone by then. And I have not run into them yet. I have a feeling they set up for muzzy/6day. My only complaint is why any hunter would be setting up a stand at 4pm during the rut. Common sense would say you could be ruining someone's hunt. I guess I just expect the same respect as I show other hunters. I have made many friends with this scenario of someone setting up next to me. Not pissed at the guys- disappointed yes.

8 hours ago, Codaboy said:

On 11/4 I walk in to my lock on at 9am. When I walked in I seen my feeder on the ground. I look up and there's a guy unhooking his climber. He stole two cards and cut down my feeder. Hunted it first they tore it up. Trying to run me out

Yea I have a 20 dollar camera that walked about 10 days ago. The guy even put reflectors on sides of trees on trail I walked in on. I should have left them but pulled them down. I think the guy lost his nerve to hunt there because I have visited the spot a few times trying to catch the jerkoff. I could care less about a 20 dollar camera. It solely 100% principle to me.  I have a guy that lives a couple miles from there and hunts that piece occasionally and has not seen anyone.  There is nothing good on cam there and was just keeping it out in case something nice relocated into the area. I did not plan to hunt it but I am going to make sure he is not going to either for being a scumbag. Those are the guys we do not need in our hunting community. I know where tons of stands and cameras are. Never thought about touching one and despise those that do.  

2 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Yea I have a 20 dollar camera that walked about 10 days ago. The guy even put reflectors on sides of trees on trail I walked in on. I should have left them but pulled them down. I think the guy lost his nerve to hunt there because I have visited the spot a few times trying to catch the jerkoff. I could care less about a 20 dollar camera. It solely 100% principle to me.  I have a guy that lives a couple miles from there and hunts that piece occasionally and has not seen anyone.  There is nothing good on cam there and was just keeping it out in case something nice relocated into the area. I did not plan to hunt it but I am going to make sure he is not going to either for being a scumbag. Those are the guys we do not need in our hunting community. I know where tons of stands and cameras are. Never thought about touching one and despise those that do.      

I'm not looking to give up on the spot. I put 250" of bone on the wall out of that stand. Been letting 90-100" bucks walk for 3 seasons now. Now I'm seeing 125- 140" buck in area. So I'm in the piece of woods every day tippy toeing around looking for where he s going to cut me off so I can adjust with my climber to stay in front of the run going into the funnel. But on a positive note, the day he was over my feeder I was going to put my dad in spot. We go to another spot that afternoon and my dad gets s a 132.5" 6 pointer.

I'm not saying the person putting up the stand at 4PM isn't a jerk, but maybe not intentionally. The requirements to get a hunting license are not exactly a high bar to clear. Even  beyond time constraints one might be dealing with, etc., some people just don't know any better.

OTOH, I had a card stolen from one of my cameras, on my family's property, far away from anywhere any random person should be, a few weeks ago. That was obviously intentional jerkiness. So, I feel your pain.