IGNORED

Ruined hunt at power line in colliers mills

deadonshot2

Thanks to the two guys who put up a stand at 4pm today while my 3rd year hunter watched you from the stand I had her in. There is another stand that a guy put up this year 75 yards away. You will love him when he is rattling and blowing his grunt tube every 15 minutes like clockwork. His grunt tube sounds like a kazoo. Maybe we should all just throw bait in between all 3 stands and see who can shoot one first.  What would possess you guys to put up a stand at 4pm during the rut?  I know it is public land but I would never do something like that. And just think more people need to think about other hunters and not just themselves. I hope you sit there saturday so you get to meet the pheasant hunters that are going to be walking past you where you set up.  

Ugh!  Yea that's no fun.  I have been in the same boat many times.  Almost every spot I have I have had someone set up with 50 yards at one point or another.  Just had some weirdo walking into the woods right at dusk behind me a few days ago.. unfortunately no matter how agitated I get I always loose the argument with myself about them being in the wrong..it's public land..and decency is not a requirement to hunt it..

I feel your pain ugh!!

" Public Land Say No More ! " - " The things I have seen over the years are just completely insane ! "  To be honest with the additional pressure from the  " FLUVID PANDEMIC " it's tenfold and unfortunately the new normal , as much as I can't stand that expression it's spot on addressing this ! Good Luck Hunting just keep pushing forward and use it all to your advantage if possible !

There are idiot, selfish, ignorant, clueless people in all walks of life. Hunting is no different. I know what he did can be considered "wrong" but once again, it is Public Land. In the few years I hunted public land for deer I realized that you can't put a plan together to deer hunt on it. Unless you want to get way off the beaten path, you will find people doing all sorts of things. I have been hunting private land for over 40 years and it even has it's issues at times. A small percentage of the population will suck. 

I'll give you another example of how you are not in control in similar situations. The neighbors across the street recently had their Daughter and boyfriend move in. They have a total of 4 cars. The boys car has a loud exhaust. He parks in front of my house. When my kids come over for Sunday dinner, they have to park across the street with small children. So, what do I do about it. It's a public street. Do I make an enemy of them? 

Maybe it's the same, maybe it's different. But when it's not your land, you can't control it. You have to rely on human decency which is always questionable. 

Edited by archer36

4 minutes ago, archer36 said:

There are idiot, selfish, ignorant, clueless people in all walks of life. Hunting is no different. I know what he did can be considered "wrong" but once again, it is Public Land. In the few years I hunted public land for deer I realized that you can't put a plan together to deer hunt on it. Unless you want to get way off the beaten path, you will find people doing all sorts of things. I have been hunting private land for over 40 years and it even has it's issues at times. A small percentage of the population will suck. 

I'll give you another example of how you are not in control in similar situations. The neighbors across the street recently had their Daughter and boyfriend move in. They have a total of 4 cars. The boys car has a loud exhaust. He parks in front of my house. When my kids come over for Sunday dinner, they have to park across the street with small children. So, what do I do about it. It's a public street. Do I make an enemy of them? 

Maybe it's the same, maybe it's different. But when it's not your land, you can't control it. You have to rely on human decency which is always questionable. 

I get the whole public land thing. Been hunting it for 49 years now. Personally I would not be dragging a stand into the woods at 4pm during an open hunting season. I would not want to risk ruining someones hunt. Wendy had a small buck chasing does for an hour in the morning and was looking forward to hopefully seeing more of that and possibly getting a shot. And some selfish person who only cares about themselves took that away.  I would never do that and have taught her respect and woodsmanship. Only to watch someone that did not show the same respect or decency. 

12 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I get the whole public land thing. Been hunting it for 49 years now. Personally I would not be dragging a stand into the woods at 4pm during an open hunting season. I would not want to risk ruining someones hunt. Wendy had a small buck chasing does for an hour in the morning and was looking forward to hopefully seeing more of that and possibly getting a shot. And some selfish person who only cares about themselves took that away.  I would never do that and have taught her respect and woodsmanship. Only to watch someone that did not show the same respect or decency. 

Agree. But that's YOU. As I said, small amount of people without the same "ethics". There always will be. Do you know any community with no Police? 

Edited by archer36