IGNORED

Ever clean your k cup machine?!!!

Coyoteslayer

So the old k cup coffee machine was slowing down and the coffee had a weird taste. I thought about replacing the old girl but then someone said have u ever cleaned the inside lol? I've washed the water part sure but never ran cleaner threw the guts of it.  Filled water part with dish soap mixture and poured a cup then another and another. The pic is 5 pours in!!! Filled and ran fresh water thru about 5 more fills to flush it out. It tastes like coffee again!!! Disgusting. Never thought about doing that in the 6 years I have had that!

20221109_174539.jpg

20221109_174943.jpg

8 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

So the old k cup coffee machine was slowing down and the coffee had a weird taste. I thought about replacing the old girl but then someone said have u ever cleaned the inside lol? I've washed the water part sure but never ran cleaner threw the guts of it.  Filled water part with dish soap mixture and poured a cup then another and another. The pic is 5 pours in!!! Filled and ran fresh water thru about 5 more fills to flush it out. It tastes like coffee again!!! Disgusting. Never thought about doing that in the 6 years I have had that!

20221109_174539.jpg

20221109_174943.jpg

Use white vinegar to clean and descale

2 hours ago, DBuck said:

You seriously didn't know to clean your coffee maker? I wouldn't run dish soap through it, takes way too many times to get it all out, if you even do. If you don't want to use vinegar, you can buy descaler solutions that work very well.

I cleaned the water thing over the years but nah never crossed my mind til it literally was so clogged it took 5 minutes to make a cup lol!!!