IGNORED

Foggy stripers

Farmshine

No pics today which sucks but I figured I’d give a report. Headed out around 700am into pea soup.  Thank god for radar.   Trolled the triangle no hits no marks.  Moved west to 11A and right place right time doubled up on an umbrella and caught 3 more on poppers during a brief topwater frenzy.  Picked up one more on the troll and one on the way in on a popper outside of the highlands marina. 7 total. 4 on topwater. All 30-34. Seas were smooth but you couldn’t see 80 yards.  Back to the dock at 2 and got my daughter off the bus 340.  A ton of marks mid bay but fishing was generally slow.  

Edited by Farmshine

Great catching !!  I was out in the back of the bay yesterday morning with a friend in kayaks.   It was very frustrating....we kept spooking schools of bass every 5 minutes with plenty of marks and couldn't get one hit or fish in just over 3 hours.  We tried everything !!  Glad you were able to find them today !!

Danny V

7 minutes ago, bucky said:

The fog is supposed to lift by 11, so I will take my time getting there, hopefully I will have all afternoon to get er done:up:

Yeah yesterday it showed it lift by 8am then after that they said 4pm. Nope not at all. Helped a friend run his boat from back past Keyport down to Manasquan after work and it was bad all the way. Even with the radar on we kept it slow for most part. The bay had parts that you could see decent and other times thick. Good luck the fish are there and will bite

7399D57A-4E3E-4CB7-8126-A3DD9A2BF9AD.jpeg

CA381172-5BD1-45E5-A470-06A64F5429DC.jpeg

CCB0143B-2053-42DB-BB8E-AF77AE17E97D.jpeg

Edited by Buck154