IGNORED

Careful Out There- Hunting Or Hiking

Fred Flintstone

That's what he gets for not bringing his keys so he can jingle them. That's what they tell us to do here, so it must be the correct way to keep bears away.

And that poor bear! The mean man didn't have to punch and kick him. The bear is just being a bear. He was probably just saying hello. If humans would stop encroaching on where bears live, it wouldn't happen. He was in the bear's home. Bears aren't dangerous. (let's see... did I get all the talking points in? oh, wait.. one more)...  Humans are evil, animals are innocent, pure, and peaceful.

56 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

let's see... did I get all the talking points in?

You forgot "we can control the expanding bear population thru non-lethal means". 

Of all their talking points that is probably the one that is mosts asinine to me. You would think that as much as they claim to know best how to handle bears, they would understand bears are an apex predator with abundant food sources in NJ.

It's not like coyotes, bobcats, foxes, etc. will be hunting them as prey. You can mitigate them feeding on food wastes (i.e. garbage) to a certain degree, but there's still plenty of farms, gardens, and and other wild sources of food to sustain them, but without "thinning" the herd they'll continue to propagate until the population is at a critical point where you start to see cannibalism and humans on their menu.