IGNORED

Hopkins pond/Cooper river

Coyoteslayer

Was planning on trout fishing tomorrow but I have to take my kid to a acceptance test at paul VI in Haddonfield which seems to be in a dead zone for fall stocking of trout. Couldn't find a lake within 25 minutes away. Seeing as I have to pick him up after 3 hours it'd be silly to leave the area. Hopkins pond is real close to the school.  Never fished it or the cooper river before. I know muskies were stocked not sure where. As I understand the lower pond is better? And it appears to have a dam which the base of it is the Cooper River? It looks like it's park all the way around? so my plan is to bring my backpack and 3 or 4 rods and go lunker hunting lol. Bass or muskie.ill have 3 hours to kill.  Base of that dam would seem like a logical target area. Other than that any local input would be greatly appreciated.  On a side note I'm surprised haddon lake doesn't get a fall stock. I guess the winter stocking is the reason for that? 

I'm gonna reply to my own post with a review for those who may wanna check it out. Wow. Can't believe I never knew this place even existed. When I think cooper river I think of driving on the white horse pike and thinking about how I don't have enough ammunition or pistols on me to park here lol. Hopkins pond is upstream of that point a mile or so I'd guess? Beautiful. There's an upper and lower pond 2 spillway, and a hiking trail that one could easily spend a day exploring. Every bit of it looks like it holds fish. Fished for hour and a half. 2 crappies , 1 bass,  snapped off a nice bass. Definitely will return. Gonna do some research on the Cooper River prior to.  Alot of snags is the only negative I could see to mention. Alot of people walking their dogs but I didn't get the ugh look at that fishermen vibe from any of them lol. Worth stopping to get a cast in here if your feeling adventurous IMO.