IGNORED

Savage 220?

Bone collector 85

There is a big difference in buying a gun that you "don't need" versus not having that type of gun and buying your only one. You stated owning several good slug guns already and thinking about a 220. The benefits and disadvantages of the 220, vs staying with what you have was discussed. If you are considering selling the other guns and buying the 220 simply because it makes you happy then go for it. If you are looking for a great advantage in your deer hunting, you may not accomplish it. :happywave:

On 10/19/2022 at 6:54 PM, Bone collector 85 said:

Ok ill start by saying i already have a hr 12 and hr 20 and a bps in 12g with slug barrel but i keep hearing everyone talk about the savage my question is it worth buying 

The H&R 20 gauge is a terrible gun. ;)

I'll trade you 3 $100 bills for it that you can apply towards the much better 220. ;)

Not to hijack the thread, but if NJ doesn’t move to straight walled cartridges like so many other densely populated states are doing, finding slug gun ammo will become next to impossible.  We should focus as gun hunters on that end goal. No more teeth rattling, no more huge groups and no more impossible to find slugs. 

Then we can start thread on which straight walled cartridges are best. :)

On 10/19/2022 at 7:36 PM, BHC said:

I have to disagree as I own both, both with the same scope and at one time I used the same ammo in both.....Edge goes to the Savage in different ways...H&R is accurate 

Every gun is different but my H&R shoots just as good as my 220.  Dont know until you shoot them.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

On 10/19/2022 at 9:19 PM, bushden said:

Mike, Throw away those pieces of junk H&R and go with the 220, it is balanced, has a better trigger is very accurate and will outlast the H/R which many tend to develop firing pin issues after a while. YOU WONT BE SORRY!

Tell that to the numerous deer I have killed with my H&R over the years without a misfire:up:

5 minutes ago, bucky said:

Tell that to the numerous deer I have killed with my H&R over the years without a misfire:up:

I had two H+R's. A 12 and a 20. Never had mis fires. Mine were purchased the first two years they came out. Maybe something went wrong in later productions. 

The H+R was a budget gun that performed very well. It was the best slug gun on the market for many years. It has its drawbacks though. Heavy, imbalanced, and only one shot. It can be fairly quickly reloaded but you have to take your eyes off the target to do so.  Not as good as a bolt action and definitely not as good as an autoloader. 

Edited by archer36

3 hours ago, bucky said:

You are one of the lucky ones They are a piece of Sh_T

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL