IGNORED

Savage 220?

Bone collector 85

Mike, Throw away those pieces of junk H&R and go with the 220, it is balanced, has a better trigger is very accurate and will outlast the H/R which many tend to develop firing pin issues after a while. YOU WONT BE SORRY!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, NJDeerNBeer said:

Mine has a cycling issue.  Otherwise its good  gun very accurate so shouldn't need a second round :rofl:

Polish the bolt and you wont have those problems anymore.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

IMO, out to 100 the 12 is just as good. I can shoot great 150 yard groups with the 220. I will be trying Barnes and Accutips in my 12 gauge this season now that I've switched from Lightfields.

The ballistics on 12 ga Accutips are identical to 20 ga. Accutips.  check out the table put out by Remington.

Just now, Swamprat said:

You know it's bad when you(me) have more buckhammers than accutips.  

Makes me not want to use my slug gun(20 H&R, 20ga 11-87)  and just use my muzzleloader. 

Buckhammers!!! The best slug ever made.....still don't understand why they stopped making. They were about $10 a box, super accurate,  & dropped deer in their tracks. I believe they out perform accutips. My two 12s love them. Luckily bought many boxes when still available.... enough until death. 

20 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Buckhammers!!! The best slug ever made.....still don't understand why they stopped making. They were about $10 a box, super accurate,  & dropped deer in their tracks. I believe they out perform accutips. My two 12s love them. Luckily bought many boxes when still available.... enough until death. 

Never tried Buckhammers. Once I got hooked on Lighfields that was that.

12 hours ago, NJDeerNBeer said:

Mine has a cycling issue.  Otherwise its good  gun very accurate so shouldn't need a second round :rofl:

They all have cycling issues. You’re not buying a Tarhunt (which actually is no better accuracy wise, but costs 1/4 of the price) so keep the cycling and fit&finish issues in perspective.
If you shoot it enough you will inevitably have a jam on cycling. 
As Bush said, you can polish the action by repeatedly working the action with a bit of compound along the rails.
It will likely jam when you try to cycle a round too fast, this is a perfect example of  “slow is smooth, and smooth is fast”  situation. 
As far as 2-3/4” vs. 3”, in my experience the 3” isn’t worth the extra recoil/expense/availability issue. The 1/4” extra accuracy you may get (assuming you don’t get recoil shy and start flinching as a result if it) is insignificant.