IGNORED

Bear Hunt State Call in Poll!!-Today

Mixbaghunter

12 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Doing a poll today for or against bear hunt! Please call number below and vote!!!

20282.jpeg

Who’s doing a vote??? And who is this saying we have a shot at getting it back this year.  A little more information would help. But it sounds to me like a fishing trip on a ten acre parking lot 

It is up to one man and one man only - and for some reason, he feels beholden to the tiny minority of militant animal rights loonies.  You can call 'til you lose your voice, nothing is going to change. This is, of course, just my opinion. I think the only way would be if someone gets killed by a bear on his watch - the political pressure would be too much in that case for him to deny the science any longer. Other than that happening, I have neither seen nor heard of anything that would make us believe "we have a shot at getting it back this year."

It's getting late as it is - its half-way through October already. I don't think there's enough time even to get a December hunt back on track.

16 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

It is up to one man and one man only - and for some reason, he feels beholden to the tiny minority of militant animal rights loonies.  You can call 'til you lose your voice, nothing is going to change. This is, of course, just my opinion. I think the only way would be if someone gets killed by a bear on his watch - the political pressure would be too much in that case for him to deny the science any longer. Other than that happening, I have neither seen nor heard of anything that would make us believe "we have a shot at getting it back this year."

It's getting late as it is - its half-way through October already. I don't think there's enough time even to get a December hunt back on track.

All he has to do is tell his DEP Commissioner, LaTourette, to sign the Comprehensive Black Bear Management Plan and all hunts would be immediately reinstated. The Division would staff the check stations, and life would return to normal. Our Governor has given zero indication he has any intention now or in the future of doing that. 

Not calling/emailing ... does nothing for sure.

Not long ago, somewhere, News12 call-in show maybe, he admitted that there is a problem, and that they are looking into it.

He can't run for a third consecutive third term. Maybe he can be pressured to do the right thing. The child attacked in Connecticut might be a wakeup call for him.

Governor Murphy's Office .... 609 292-6000

Locate (if needed) your NJ State Legislature, and call them ...   ROSTER

DISTRICT MAP

DISTRICT LIST

I guarantee murphy doesn't get any of these pro bear hunt msgs.. im sure he informed his secretary's to not bother him about the matter as he has no desire to allow the hunt no matter how many people are for it.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk