IGNORED

Interesting Post-Bruen Ruling

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

21 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

I disagree, removed is different then never having one.

Agree or disagree, but don’t miss the crux of the basis of the interpretation. Bruen has created  a “law of the land” ruling that is being applied now as a constitutional basis regarding 2A issues

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

17 minutes ago, buckhound said:

As of right now in nj not having a serial # is a no no hope it is fixed soon i have a couple older guns i hunt with that do not have them..

If the gun was made without a serial number, prior to when they were required as many hunting family heirlooms are, there is no violation of any laws and the firearm is perfectly legal

Edited by Bucndoe

It is definitely going to be interesting to see how a lot of firearm regulations will standup against the "historical tradition of firearm regulation" standard that Bruen set forth. 

There's this case plus the NY CCIA case where the federal judge ruled it unconstitutional based on Bruen, although in the CCIA case the 2nd District stayed the TRO for now.

States and state courts may still try to enforce laws that would appear to go against Bruen, but you would think that will only go on for so long especially since federal courts seem to be falling inline with Bruen. Time will tell...

41 minutes ago, buckhound said:

You may want to look a little further ghost ghost guns are just a part of it. 

Firearms made prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968 are not ghost guns. Prior to the passage of that act, firearms were not required to have serial numbers, even though many did.

You are confusing two completely different things. If you are hunting with a ghost gun, that is a problem. If you are hunting with a firearm made before 1968 with no serial number, that is not a problem.

Edited by Bucndoe

42 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Firearms made prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968 are not ghost guns. Prior to the passage of that act, firearms were not required to have serial numbers, even though many did.

You are confusing two completely different things. If you are hunting with a ghost gun, that is a problem. If you are hunting with a firearm made before 1968 with no serial number, that is not a problem.

I kmow the difference and said as much ghost guns are illegal in nj as is any gun that has no serial #

12 minutes ago, buckhound said:

I kmow the difference and said as much ghost guns are illegal in nj as is any gun that has no serial #

Incorrect. I already explained how you can have a fully legal firearm without a serial number in NJ

Nj passed a recent law look it up nappen has been talking  about it a gun has to now have a serial number in nj for a shop to sell . At this point i would not want to test the theory you are right.the ghost gun law is seperate from this ..

Edited by buckhound

8 hours ago, buckhound said:

Nj passed a recent law look it up nappen has been talking  about it a gun has to now have a serial number in nj for a shop to sell . At this point i would not want to test the theory you are right.the ghost gun law is seperate from this ..

That is the micro-stamping issue and different from the Gun Control Act of 1968. The technology hasn't been developed and approved yet by the NJ AG for implementation. It does not change the Federal Law 

Edited by Bucndoe

33 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

That is the micro-stamping issue and different from the Gun Control Act of 1968. The technology hasn't been developed and approved yet by the NJ AG for implementation. It does not change the Federal Law 

You should look more into it has nothing to do with micro stamping or the ghost gun law it is seperate he said any gun even before 1968 that has no serial number do not use for hunting .