IGNORED

Fall Trout Fishing

Nomad

I went out on the day they stocked,Tuesday, and arrived shortly after they were put in.  Quite a few guys fishing, but I found a spot and started fishing.  Saw quite a few nice trout in the low and clear water.  Unfortunately they were very interested in the spinner, but would just follow and sometimes nip at it.  I managed to catch 1, but after 4 hours that was it.  Numerous follows but they didn't want to grab it.

Well, today it was pouring rain at midday, not much to do around the house so I suited up in rain gear and waders and headed out to the same spots.  It was pouring rain, but on my second cast I had one on.  The spinner was just about engulfed.  After an hour I had caught 10 nice 16-17 inch rainbows.   Went to another spot and caught a nice hook jaw 17 incher.  Only saw 1 other fisherman as I was leaving, and I gave him some info as to where to get some.  Figured anyone else out in this crap, must be somewhat of a kindred spirit. :up:

Made a nice dinner out of the 4 I kept and still have enough for another dinner.  If I don't get out again this fall with hunting and all, it was a great finale to the year.

IMG_6581.jpg

68738926710__63185727-79B8-4CE9-A4DD-3AF741B15A14.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

26 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I went out on the day they stocked,Tuesday, and arrived shortly after they were put in.  Quite a few guys fishing, but I found a spot and started fishing.  Saw quite a few nice trout in the low and clear water.  Unfortunately they were very interested in the spinner, but would just follow and sometimes nip at it.  I managed to catch 1, but after 4 hours that was it.  Numerous follows but they didn't want to grab it.

Well, today it was pouring rain at midday, not much to do around the house so I suited up in rain gear and waders and headed out to the same spots.  It was pouring rain, but on my second cast I had one on.  The spinner was just about engulfed.  After an hour I had caught 10 nice 16-17 inch rainbows.   Went to another spot and caught a nice hook jaw 17 incher.  Only saw 1 other fisherman as I was leaving, and I gave him some info as to where to get some.  Figured anyone else out in this crap, must be somewhat of a kindred spirit. :up:

Made a nice dinner out of the 4 I kept and still have enough for another dinner.  If I don't get out again this fall with hunting and all, it was a great finale to the year.

IMG_6581.jpg

68738926710__63185727-79B8-4CE9-A4DD-3AF741B15A14.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

Yes. They had lockjaw on Tuesday. Could see them chasing each other around. Guys would put everything in front of them but they would not bite. Some were caught early. I didn't even suit up. Was having fun watching guys get frustrated for hours. :rofl:

Edited by archer36

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

Yes. They had lockjaw on Tuesday. Could see them chasing each other around. Guys would put everything in front of them but they would not bite. Some were caught early. I didn't even suit up. Was having fun watching guys get frustrated for hours. :rofl:

Yes they were chasing each other, couple of the fish I caught we’re loaded with eggs

Always wonder why some have different colored meat. So many different answers....have a hard time believing that the 1 w the bright orange flesh is a hold over, as few make it past a month if any. Diet? Genetics?? So many answers, but none are definitive. 

1 minute ago, chessie said:

Very nice catch. I havent been trout fishing in a few years, Life happened. I knew every river and every nook . I'ma catch and release  guy. crushed barbs . I need to start fishing again. I have $1000's in tackle just collecting dust

Thanks.  I release them also, right after I get enough for dinner.