IGNORED

Trout Stocking

jumpthestring

The Fall Stcking began on October 11th

https://dep.nj.gov/njfw/fishing/freshwater/trout-fishing-information/fall-trout-stocking-schedule/

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

5 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

The state as well as volunteers began stocking this week. We stocked the Musky with my truck yesterday. The state had two big trucks on that river, one just to feed our transfer truck at 3 points where we meet up for more fish. 

Hey Brian, can you give me exact location of stocking? I have my yellow powerbait ready to go.

It’s going to be a dismal winter for trout anglers this year once the fresh 2 year old stockies are all yanked out. We noticed nearly zero trout remaining in sections of the Musky that normally holdover good numbers.  Didn’t find any wild brown trout spawning redds yet either, but that activity will increase with the current and future rains. 

The Biologist make the call on what rivers are to receive fish and with the limited staff and resources, the hatchery does the best they can to distribute these trout. While doing errands yesterday, I stopped by a bridge parking area yesterday. During the Covid stocking this lot was packed and the circus atmosphere was embarrassing.  There was only one truck there and no visible fish in this normal dumping spot. We should be grateful to Brian and all the volunteers who gave their time and use of their personal vehicles to see that fish are spread out for those that wish to fish and not just pull out the trout minutes after stocking.

Edited by Jerzguy2

2 hours ago, jumpthestring said:

anybody fish the wallkill or flatbrook ?  I can't see the state dumping the trout in when the water is so low. I thought they would dump them in lakes for better survival.

???  While water is on the low side, they are running close to normal for this time of year not including yesterday’s rain. Temps are in the 50s and that is ideal for trout. No reason whatsoever to move a river stocking to a lake. 

Edit:  I added the Flatbrook gauge for today here. You can see we were at normal for this time of year (yellow triangles) until yesterday when we got 1-2” of rain.  The wild trout and stocked trout are doing just fine right now. 

E3BBECEF-1FEC-4CAD-8047-389D0BFEEFCF.png

Edited by Bucksnbows

12 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

The Biologist make the call on what rivers are to receive fish and with the limited staff and resources, the hatchery does the best they can to distribute these trout. While doing errands yesterday, I stopped by a bridge parking area yesterday. During the Covid stocking this lot was packed and the circus atmosphere was embarrassing.  There was only one truck there and no visible fish in this normal dumping spot. We should be grateful to Brian and all the volunteers who gave their time and use of their personal vehicles to see that fish are spread out for those that wish to fish and not just pull out the trout minutes after stocking.

Not following you.  It's good that there were no fish there and no one was fishing?

The Biologist make the call on what rivers are to receive fish and with the limited staff and resources, the hatchery does the best they can to distribute these trout. While doing errands yesterday, I stopped by a bridge parking area yesterday. During the Covid stocking this lot was packed and the circus atmosphere was embarrassing.  There was only one truck there and no visible fish in this normal dumping spot. We should be grateful to Brian and all the volunteers who gave their time and use of their personal vehicles to see that fish are spread out for those that wish to fish and not just pulled out minutes after stocking.

During Covid, they had to be stocked with limited personal. I'm not referring to the early season stocking, but the fish that were held for stocking in May. The circus environment was made up of an abnormal number of Pa vehicles that seemed to have information on when the Musky was stocked.  Therefore they were just dumped by the bridge and these "Fisherman" just flocked to this huge pool of fish. Now with volunteers, they have been spread out for people to actually fish for them.