IGNORED

Burning Of The Nerve Is Recommended

BHC

34 minutes ago, Roon said:

Honestly or just knowing that's what you got. 

Back never feels good little things help but, at almost 50 years old I know I can't stay in bed past 0700 it sucks but up and out is all I got also.

this morning was the first time since I retired which was one year ago as of yesterday that I slept till 0700, most of the time I'm up between o400 and 0500

11 hours ago, BIG PAT said:

I had needles called radio frequency in my back. Burns the nerve ending. Stops all pain for about as long as they said. I did it because I was not getting the surgery 

My wife had the same thing done. Got about 12-14 months of some relief. However now that has worn off and her back hurts worse than ever. She’s going for another MRI Monday and then decide what to do from there. 

5 minutes ago, nb6624 said:

I had a herniated disc in my neck. Nerve burn was painful and didn't last. I ended up getting a fusion and have no regrets. 

I have 3 in my neck and so far did 2 epidurals both of which didn’t help. (C5,6 C6,7 and 7T1) I’d like to avoid surgery if possible. How is your range of motion? Two of my friends had it 20 years ago and they both walk like Frankenstein. That is what I don’t want to wind up like. 
Can you pm me so not to hijack Joes thread. 
Thanks

17 hours ago, BHC said:

3 bulging disc. 3 pinch nerves,  bone spurs, sternois,  left arm gets numb down to fingers or pins/needles,  and at times cold 

I had 3 severely bulging discs in my back after a car accident.  I rested and did the standard recovery for a while. Then I did 6 months of Physical Therapy, which was the biggest waste of time and money.  My pain was getting worse and my mobility and quality of life were going downhill.  I found my way back into yoga and then against my doctor and PT's advice, started the weight training again. Squats, deadlifts, overhead presses and chinups.  Within months I was like a new man and I haven't looked back since.  The areas around the injuries need to be strengthened and relaxed.  Standard PT exercises and too much rest are bad for injuries.  Ice is bad for injuries once the swelling goes down.  Movement, circulation and strengthening are the only things that are going to help, unless you do cortisone shots and surgery first, and then start the yoga and weight training after recovery.    I'm not a doctor and this isn't medical advice, but I know several folks who have had issues similar to yours and they all got some cortisone shots (1 did surgery too), then they took up yoga and went back to weight training and they aren't plagued by it anymore. Maybe some cannabis for the anti-inflammatory effects and some massage to relax the muscles to take the pressure off of things. 

Again, I'm not a doctor, but that is what has worked for me and others I know.   If you won't get shots or surgery, what kind of answers are you looking for?

Edited by not on the rug

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Again, I'm not a doctor, but that is what has worked for me and others I know.   If you won't get shots or surgery, what kind of answers are you looking for?

I’m curious of this as well. I don’t think surgery is always the answer. But sometimes you don’t have any other options. I agree with not on the rug that strengthening the surrounding area will help. But that’s a slippery slope