IGNORED

Heller vs D.C. 2 Heller wins!!

Heller vs D.C. 2 case had to do with D.C. ban of carrying more than 20 rounds of ammunition. D.C. filed an emergency motion in the city to allow those carrying to also carry more than 20 rounds.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

Good for DC residents with CCW. Doesn't help us here. We still have the stupid 10-round magazine rule in play. Unless the NJ AG wants to come out and say they won't enforce that statute... but I doubt it. They already grudgingly capitulated on carry permit shall-issue; I doubt they will go further on their own without being forced to by litigation. Remember, our liberal NJ politicians and judges don't like us - they don't want to make the  lives of law-abiding gun owners easy.

Even though this is for CCW in DC, it's still a win as result of Bruen.

IMO an important take away from this is that a very liberal anti-gun city and their AG realized they would probably lose in court based on Bruen decision and it wasn't worth expending legal fees to fight it.

Hopefully this will be a bellwether case and send the same message to the anti-gun legislators, governors, and AG in NJ & NY.

There's already a Bruen 2 case in NY regarding the new gun laws they just enacted. Also if I recall correctly the judge presiding over one of the injunction petitions against the new laws in NY stated the laws were probably unconstitutional in light of Bruen, but then said plaintiffs filed it under the wrong standing or something.

I'm really hoping this is just the tip of the iceberg in getting over-bearing anti-gun laws repealed using criteria set forth in the Bruen decision.

1 hour ago, hostak126 said:

There are a couple of cases in nj as well, we have the one that was remanded back down, that has to do with our own 10 round limit and another case that will be or was filed, that has to do with the fid cards

Those both sound interesting. Any links to articles or the cases? Curious what the FID one is about. (I can't believed the 10 round limit can survive given the recent SCOTUS rulings).

38 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Those both sound interesting. Any links to articles or the cases? Curious what the FID one is about. (I can't believed the 10 round limit can survive given the recent SCOTUS rulings).

The FPC case is actually on the NJ assault weapons ban. 

FID card case is still in the works (according to gun for hire podcast), and the magazine ban case is through the NRA's NJ organization. 

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff