IGNORED

Wife has covid

electricstart

On 9/13/2022 at 9:24 PM, electricstart said:

My wife Nancy has covid 103 fever, chills tired. She has heart problems so ,hopefully she beats it. Might need a couple of prayers.  Call the Doctor in the morning.

c56c4c47aa3f89c78d642c253d912d11.png

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

4 hours ago, electricstart said:

We got the meds and she should be ok. I had to go back and forth with cardiologist because of blood thinners. 

Tylenol ,Paxlovid and cough medicine pill form .  Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes I will keep you posted. Not out of the woods yet. 

Glad she's on the mend, we are praying for you both.  

As the wife was resting, I went and  harvested my Doe. After tending to the doe, I decided to test myself for covid and Guess what I got it. I was around no one and have no symptoms yet. We will see what happens. Have a nice buck hanging around too. Again, thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. Means a lot to the wife and I.

Edited by electricstart

8 hours ago, electricstart said:

As the wife was resting, I went and  harvested my Doe. After tending to the doe, I decided to test myself for covid and Guess what I got it. I was around no one and have no symptoms yet. We will see what happens. Have a nice buck hanging around too. Again, thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. Means a lot to the wife and I.

It is inevitable. You did the right thing by not coming in contact with others and spreading it. Spouses will show positive results days apart. Sometimes, they do not transmit it at all. It's a big mystery!

44 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Best wishes to you both!

My wife had it a couple weeks ago and I never got it,  We avoided contact but ate  in the same kitchen watched TV together etc.. I am unvaccinated but take vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D, and multivitamin every day.

I take a lot of vitamins too. Mild symptoms so far. I thought you were supposed to be tired. I was up all night but did have the chills no fever. A little congested. Like to get in tree by weekend but we will see. One good thing wife with the meds doing much better. 

2 minutes ago, electricstart said:

I take a lot of vitamins too. Mild symptoms so far. I thought you were supposed to be tired. I was up all night but did have the chills no fever. A little congested. Like to get in tree by weekend but we will see. One good thing wife with the meds doing much better. 

Glad to hear she is doing better.

I'm amazed by this virus and how differently each person responds to it.  Many are asymptomatic...many die.  Most have something in between.  When it went around our communty last spring, the children had it and it presented like a stomach virus: high fever, vomiting and diarrhea that lasted for 24-48 hrs.  2 days later many of the parents had it.  We had low fevers, mild headaches and horrible body aches.  All symptoms lasted 48-72 hours.  Some of the parents had respiratory symptoms and others did not.  We didn't.   

Get some rest and take care of yourself

8 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Glad to hear she is doing better.

I'm amazed by this virus and how differently each person responds to it.  Many are asymptomatic...many die.  Most have something in between.  When it went around our communty last spring, the children had it and it presented like a stomach virus: high fever, vomiting and diarrhea that lasted for 24-48 hrs.  2 days later many of the parents had it.  We had low fevers, mild headaches and horrible body aches.  All symptoms lasted 48-72 hours.  Some of the parents had respiratory symptoms and others did not.  We didn't.   

Get some rest and take care of yourself

Thank You Rug , Paxlovid works well did not have it first strain. Vaccine seems useless but at least they have meds to cure it .  Thats why not as many deaths and people are building immunity. Different strain too. Thank You China

Lets not forget that from the beginning, "they" claimed over 98% of "healthy" people would survive Covid.  That's about the only thing they got right, and we should be grateful it wasn't worse. But even 1% of a population of over 300 million is a lot of dead people. The biggest disappointment was Covid prevention through a Vaccine. Definitely did not live up to its promises. Only helped with severity. Did not block transmission either. It was all "new", and a lot of guessing took place. Easy to play Monday morning Quarterback though. 

I'm sure you and your Wife will do fine. The odds are with you. 

24 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Lets not forget that from the beginning, "they" claimed over 98% of "healthy" people would survive Covid.  That's about the only thing they got right, and we should be grateful it wasn't worse. But even 1% of a population of over 300 million is a lot of dead people. The biggest disappointment was Covid prevention through a Vaccine. Definitely did not live up to its promises. Only helped with severity. Did not block transmission either. It was all "new", and a lot of guessing took place. Easy to play Monday morning Quarterback though. 

I'm sure you and your Wife will do fine. The odds are with you. 

I agree with a lot of what you said and I don't want to turn this thread into any sort of debate.  May I ask why you and many others around the country keep stating that vaccination helped with the severity of the symptoms?  There is literally no way to actually prove that.  You can't know how severe a person symptoms would have been had they not been vaccinated vs after they have been vaccinated.  Each human is their own n=1 experiment in this case.  On top of that, each strain/mutation  is showing to be weaker and less severe anyway.  People continue to make that claim and I'm unable to figure out why or how someone can say that.

Feel free to PM me about this.  Thanks

You guys will ride this out fine. Seems the latest version of this isn’t too bad. Was at a wedding few weeks ago where lots of people got it. Most vaccinated and most now got their second case of covid. My wife got it for the first time. Next my kids, 3 year old and 16 months (unvaxed) were congested and cranky for a day or 2. Wife was tired for a week and a bad head cold, cough etc. I have no clue how I didn’t get it. She coughed on my all night in her sleep. I only got the initial shots when it was first available through work.  Now my sister and her newborn (5) weeks have it. The dr wasn’t even concerned. Her kid was back to normal in 2 days with a runny nose.  Her husband and her had just a cold basically.  I think the virus has mutated for the most part to move through society as just a cold…hopefully