IGNORED

Wharton st forest

Codaboy

31 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but hunting is a privilege, not a right. I highly doubt hunting will ever be recognized by the state's constitution as a right. Hell, I doubt fishing will ever be. That is something saved for 'free states'. 

There was an organization back when I lived in NJ that was making it their goal to make hunting a right in NJ.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

13 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

There is hope!

Screenshot_20220913-103710~2.jpg

Maybe if we get a moderate dem or republican back in office. Wonder if they could get a group like Congressional Sportsmen Foundation in on it but I think they mostly do federal legislation. The issue (granted I haven't read this piece of legislation, didn't know it existed) is I would likely assume it contains language counterintuitive to this administration's idea of what wildlife management is and so forth. So, for now, it just seems like pie in the sky. I can't see us having a constitutional amendment before states like PA, WV, Maine, etc. Sorry for being a wet blanket..... 

54 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

In response to your last two sentences, it is because we believe the line that we should be invisible. Guys hide the deer they are transporting, don't walk into Dunkin Donuts with camo on, and we generally conduct ninja-like operations. Why? Just to make the antis happy? Problem is we don't IMPOSE our rights like they do!

And we let it happen first not showing deer in transportation and than doing away eith check stations

I agree with trying to stop the illegal ATV and motorcycle usage in the Wharton. This has been a problem in some areas for years.
How can motocross groups get permission to has sanctioned runs throughout these areas? They use plow lines for their trails and create trails through the woods, they don't stay strictly on the roads.
Are only certain areas of this protected forest actually protected? Or are some areas overlooked or not as important ?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Michael Britt said:

In response to your last two sentences, it is because we believe the line that we should be invisible. Guys hide the deer they are transporting, don't walk into Dunkin Donuts with camo on, and we generally conduct ninja-like operations. Why? Just to make the antis happy? Problem is we don't IMPOSE our rights like they do!

You got a real good point there. I remember years ago you had to have a part of the deer showing during transport. We would hang our deer in a tree in the front yard. People do look at you  like you have two heads when u walk into wa wa or Dunkin’ Donuts with camo on unless you live in a farm community where there are a lot of hunters. Damn shame.

6 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

I wish they still had check-in stations. My dad would take me to atco sports on Monday of shotgun buck week to see all the bucks the local clubs would bring in. As a kid it was really cool. Plus it would stop the few guys that think it’s ok to call in a doe that they  didn’t harvest just to be able to kill a buck.  

Problem is - we were running out of check-in stations! Atco Sports, as you know, is closed. Back when we still had turkey check-in stations, I had to drive 30 minutes just to get to one - all the ones near me closed!

I'm glad they got rid of check-in stations. I would not have minded it if we had some close... like 5 or 10 minute drive. But like I say, those all closed in my area. Driving 30+ minutes just to check in an animal was too much.

39 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Problem is - we were running out of check-in stations! Atco Sports, as you know, is closed. Back when we still had turkey check-in stations, I had to drive 30 minutes just to get to one - all the ones near me closed!

I'm glad they got rid of check-in stations. I would not have minded it if we had some close... like 5 or 10 minute drive. But like I say, those all closed in my area. Driving 30+ minutes just to check in an animal was too much.

I do agree with that. That definitely started to become a problem finding one close by. I do miss atco sports . I would check my deer at the picililly inn or atco sports on my way home. 

I see both sides to the check-in station thing. I recall young going. And it was an exciting moment to "show off" your deer regardless of what it was. Always liked checking out the freezer of what came in and got left there to get butchered.

But hindsight is always 20-20. I'm glad now with deer and turkey I can just do it on my phone and go about my day to get them cleaned up and in the freezer as quick as possible. I don't feel some pressure to do something by a certain time or get somewhere as fast as I can to remain legal or whatever, hope its open only to find out its closed or closed right before I got there, what have you.. Boom and done on the phone. 

Remember this when people talk about guns and ccw, open carry etc.

The invisible syndrome. The removal of normalcy in society causes it to become underground or removed from mainstream.

If there are too many quads then it is an enforcement issue. simple to resolve but they don't want to.

Take the drivers license away if they get caught. If they are a minor - then delay their drivers license for 2 years.

We should not be made to pay or penalized for those who break the law.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford