IGNORED

Damn Health Insurance

BHC

So a member here recommended an acupuncturist for my cervical spine issues, I verified with my insurance and this doctor is in network . I've had 4 sessions so far, with some positive results I didn't expect I would be 100%. Went this morning for my 5th treatment they informed me the insurance never paid for the first two sessions and they said it's a worker's comp issue.  First off I never filed a worker's comp injury in Mt life,  second I've been retired for nearly 10.5 months, the doctor's receptionist and I went over my paperwork when I filled out the new patient forms, nowhere does it say worker's comp or injury at work or such. Of course I have to call them on Monday and see what the heck is the complete cluster blank on their end. They never made such claims to physical therapy,  pain management doctor for the last two epidural, or my chiropractor 

2 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

Yup, insurance sucks!  My wife is a retired teacher and when she was working they paid for my migraine medicine which was pretty expensive and once she retired, they said they wouldn't pay for it.

I also have prostate cancer and they denied an MRI of my prostate!

That sucks! did you try Obamacare

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Any kind of insurance now a days sucks. they always give you a hard time and never make it is.   BHC that sucks, but at least you are feeling better.

I am fortunate and gratefull paid into the system for 50 years of hard labor yes I complained about the deductions on my paycheck foresight hindsight I have Medicare and United healthcare about $120 deducted from my social security check each month I have United healthcare no cost was in the hospital this year for 7 days never received a bill medication costs are peanuts.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

That really is pretty common, when I got hit inn the face with flying baseball bat I had the same issue, the BCBC wanted me to sign a document saying it was not a car accident claim and there was no litigation going on before they paid the hospital for my stitches and broken nose. But bottom line is once I signed off on it they paid it right away.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, BHC said:

Just can't understand how they Said it's workers comp issue

Did you tell the doctor at any time it bothered you at work before or after? Or bothering you when you are doj g a work type activity? Or they could just be taking a shot to gwt out from under it..