IGNORED

Bullseye

Rjtfd

Hung 2 stands last week. Think I have either chiggers or some poison ivy. Very itchy but not clusters of blisters like I usually get from poison ivy. Now one spot that I thought for sure may be poison ivy developed a small bullseye. Guess I’ll go get tested tomorrow for lymes. I’m the meantime I have amoxicillin that was prescribed to my son before he went on doxycycline. I’ll start taking those. I also have 8 days of doxy that I started taking last month when I had a tick in me. I stopped taking those cause they made me sick and once I had gotten results that tick wasn’t carrying Lyme I stopped. 

Can I ask what you were wearing? I'm always curious when people say they are getting bit by ticks  -- how they got a tick on them.

Were you wearing shorts and the bite is on your leg? Or were you wearing long pants and the bastid still got you?

I'm never really careful out in the woods because I wear long pants and long shirt that I sprayed with permethrin, so I crash through tall grass and brush without caring much. But if people are still getting bit even when wearing long shirts and long pants, I'll need to start being more careful and paying more attention. I rarely give myself a full check when I get home (though I do get a shower when I get home).

Last week I was cleaning up some leaves from the side of the house. Two days later I woke up itching my ass off. I'm covered in chiggers. I guess the best solution if you want to call it that was shower, wipe down with alcohol, put some calamine on and take a Benadryl. They even got me on my ear lobe, little sob's.

please get yourself checked out, during these warm months I purchased a cheap leafy suite for like $20. I spray it with the tick chemical stuff from Tractor Supply with water and spray the clothing down and allow to air dry.......

image.png

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Can I ask what you were wearing? I'm always curious when people say they are getting bit by ticks  -- how they got a tick on them.

Were you wearing shorts and the bite is on your leg? Or were you wearing long pants and the bastid still got you?

I'm never really careful out in the woods because I wear long pants and long shirt that I sprayed with permethrin, so I crash through tall grass and brush without caring much. But if people are still getting bit even when wearing long shirts and long pants, I'll need to start being more careful and paying more attention. I rarely give myself a full check when I get home (though I do get a shower when I get home).

I hate to admit it but like an idiot I had shorts on. I had my rubber boots and wiped down my legs with sawyers picaridin. I wound up entering woods from different way cause it cut down my walk by a lot and I had 2 stands with me plus my sticks. Regular way I walk in is a decent trail but it’s 3/4 of mile. The way I went I would never go during season cause I’ll bump them on way in. Plus day I hung stand was 90’ and I couldn’t bring myself to put on pants. Dumb mistake

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

please get yourself checked out, during these warm months I purchased a cheap leafy suite for like $20. I spray it with the tick chemical stuff from Tractor Supply with water and spray the clothing down and allow to air dry.......

image.png

Yeah tomorrow I’ll give my doctor a call to arrange for blood work. 

1 minute ago, mazzgolf said:

lol.. not much clothing you can put on to stop that ... except maybe.. 

:rofl:

51qq13SF3qL._AC_UY741_.jpg

You will laugh your ass off at me n I don't care.  The best thing you can wear to stop chiggers will cost you 2 dollars at CVS.  Panty hose.   Soon as you come out of the woods roll them off and toss them in trash.

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

You will laugh your ass off at me n I don't care.  The best thing you can wear to stop chiggers will cost you 2 dollars at CVS.  Panty hose.   Soon as you come out of the woods roll them off and toss them in trash.

Toss them in the trash ....... ?? To avoid bringing home bugs that are clinging to them? Or... before anyone sees you with them? :)

Actually, I remember asking for panty hose while in basic training. Supposed to help avoid getting blisters during long marches.

Many uses for panty hose. I sometimes use them for crabbing (put bait in them and lower them down on a hand line). 

Or... 5 Survival Uses for Pantyhose:  https://www.sunnysports.com/blog/5-survival-uses-for-pantyhose/

I guess you could also wear them out on date night - but, hey.. who am I to judge? :laughing:

6 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Toss them in the trash ....... ?? To avoid bringing home bugs that are clinging to them? Or... before anyone sees you with them?

Anyone who knows me knows I don't care what others think lol.  If it works for a good purpose like keeping chiggers off I will do it.