IGNORED

Reveal cams dislikes already

hammer4reel

56 minutes ago, electricstart said:

I was Iust at BJs they had 48 duracells optimal. AA 24 dollars. They work well until it gets cold. 

Duracell has been really crappy lately. Lots of leaky batteries. I've switched to energizer industrials for my Cuddelinks and I use rechargeable AA's for  my Spartans and 12 volt with solar on my Spartan GoLives.

8 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Running. Cams with energizer lithiums . Man do they eat batteries for the amount of pictures sent 

and it’s ridiculous you get an alert for every picture sent instead of that a group of photos sent .

takes 10 minutes to transfer pics where getting a bunch from .

phone and iPad  dinging away that long 

FYI, here is the info for building your on external battery box, the wiring is $16 you can use a metal ammo box $20 ea, or a plastic one $4.99 (amazon) then all you need is battery. In the long run you will save a lot on lithium batteries. HERD 360 is the company to get the cables from. Or you can buy the box already wired complete less the battery for $40.

I like the metal ammo cans as they are almost indestructible

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzx81.JPG

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxx.jpg

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

34 minutes ago, bushden said:

FYI, here is the info for building your on external battery box, the wiring is $16 you can use a metal ammo box $20 ea, or a plastic one $4.99 (amazon) then all you need is battery. In the long run you will save a lot on lithium batteries. HERD 360 is the company to get the cables from. Or you can buy the box already wired complete less the battery for $40.

I like the metal ammo cans as they are almost indestructible

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzx81.JPG

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxx.jpg

Thanks for info .

that would be fine on private property where your not moving around .

no way I would consider doing all that on public pieces etc .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Thanks for info .

that would be fine on private property where your not moving around .

no way I would consider doing all that on public pieces etc .

Dan I just got the micro solar after I returned a wild game my wife grabbed any suggestions?  You have a couple right

Mak

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Dan I just got the micro solar after I returned a wild game my wife grabbed any suggestions?  You have a couple right

make sure to charge it fully with attached cord and a usb charger .

‘if possible you want it where it gets  direct sunlight . Facing south gets the most through day , but can cause   Washed out pics .

I found if put high and angled down it avoids most of that .

‘do current update at home and make sure it takes and sends a pic . That update caused some issues in San disk cards .

one that’s done , the solar micro has worked the best for me out of the SPYPOINT cams .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On 9/7/2022 at 7:34 AM, hammer4reel said:

I have delay set at 5 seconds and only taking one pic at trigger instead of a burst .

Guide says 4000 pics using lithiums 

at 400 im already at 60%

going to change delay to 30 seconds 

Just checked my cam data. So with lithium battery packs from Tactacam,  I have the delay set at 1:05, single pic.  Two of my busiest cams are at 2400 pics and are at 30% batt life. That’s sending pics instantly but no alerts. 
I think I got better batt life from loose lithiums, but I don’t have data yet to show that. 

I can see the benefit of the cell cams, but I'd prefer heading into the area I'm scouting out. Im happier just heading out to retrieve the camera or the sd card and replacing it with another. plus you never know what your going to walk into... like a 6 pointer in the general area your scouting

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

1 hour ago, hostak126 said:

I can see the benefit of the cell cams, but I'd prefer heading into the area I'm scouting out. Im happier just heading out to retrieve the camera or the sd card and replacing it with another. plus you never know what your going to walk into... like a 6 pointer in the general area your scouting

Inthink that’s the idea, to NOT walk into that 6 pt. or any other buck!