IGNORED

Court hearing needed?

6 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

The article says polymer tips are allowed and that the SP website also says they are allowed.

Sounds like either there is more to story or it was a case of the officer not knowing tge law and arrested him.  Wich is why everyone getting a permit needs carry shield.  You can't have liability but you can have protection.  They cover your attorney fees.

On 9/7/2022 at 7:57 PM, Kype said:

thats why im not jumping the gun. im waiting until at least next year to start the process. let things settle down and see how everything plays out. 

im in no need to rush this. i havent needed a gun in my waistband yet and i own 2 carry permits. all they are is another form of ID. the dmv loves me with all my forms of ID. 

What difference does it make if you get it now or wait...if things change they will change for everyone.its going to get better if you get it later..makes no sense to me

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

What difference does it make if you get it now or wait...if things change they will change for everyone.its going to get better if you get it later..makes no sense to me

Because with my luck I’ll get jammed up. And don’t need it now

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

Alot of people complain the nra does nothing in nj so they don't donate.  Now that we have the ability to get the permit some are coming up with excuses not to continue the fight.  As I said earlier it was 200 all I'm for me a worth while contribution for somthing we will win.  Think about it.  All the police departments getting calls of a person with a gun.  They will end with good conversations between permit holders and police.   The pds will complain than we have them fighting fir us as well.(if it is true we can't carry loaded in car).  Plus with the amount of permits issued we will have statistics on our side that we are not the problem

7 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Alot of people complain the nra does nothing in nj so they don't donate.  Now that we have the ability to get the permit some are coming up with excuses not to continue the fight.  As I said earlier it was 200 all I'm for me a worth while contribution for somthing we will win.  Think about it.  All the police departments getting calls of a person with a gun.  They will end with good conversations between permit holders and police.   The pds will complain than we have them fighting fir us as well.(if it is true we can't carry loaded in car).  Plus with the amount of permits issued we will have statistics on our side that we are not the problem

Exactly ...its pennies .i dont know that i will carry at all but its my right and ill have it if i want to .

Do not go by web sights.

The old cape may web sight used to read that everyone who moved to cape may had to register their firearms.

Do not go by the police.  Go by the law and the attorney. A gun attorney not a tax or criminal attorney. 

Learn the law. Keep your mouth shut. Keep a lawyers number at home on the fridge for someone to call if you get arrested. 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

This is the current situation,

The conundrum right now is that not all 21 counties are uniformly issuing these in the same manner. Hopefully all of them get on board together but government moves like molasses on a 30 degree day. It is an absolute free for all right now and seems like a race for people with no sense of direction. The AG and NJSP is getting as much info and guidance out to them as possible, but if they are given room to do as they wish they usually do.

The statute itself doesn't dictate between open or concealed carry with the carry permit. Judges may put their own restrictions on the permits (which is done through the Court Order that needs to carried with permits), but the statute itself doesn't say it's concealed carry. So, to clarify for NJ, the permit is a Carry Permit not a CCW Permit. It was always referred that way because of the restrictions the judges put on it which didn't permit unlimited open carry.

Some county's Judge's are having it locked in the trunk, other county Judges are saying no restrictions and open carry is allowed. Depending on which county you reside in is going to dictate what you get as far as restrictions.

AND, 

Since the FID requirements statute was amended in July, some agencies have those new applications completely on hold and aren't even processing them.

However, there is a bit of good news. The NJSP will have a Training Course uploaded into the FARS system hopefully by next week  to satisfy the newly amended training requirement for the issuance of the FID Card so no NJ resident will have to unduly be burdened by paying for one. It will be done during the filing of the application.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."