IGNORED

Court hearing needed?

Just now, vdep217 said:

Have you seen them denied since the justified need is dropped?

Yes

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

6 hours ago, the truth said:

So I just got a call from my buddy’s wife who works for the superior court in my county. Apparently the judge is going to be requiring in person hearings for concealed carry permits. My permit application has been sitting sitting idle in her office for 2 weeks and I was wondering what was going on. I will supposedly be receiving something in the mail for scheduling starting first week of October. Anyone else get any word on this? This is not hearsay, it’s direct from a court clerk who spoke to the judge. All the counties’ judges had a meeting recently to all be on the same page and this is the directive they were given

What town and county

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

I have in every post I respond to about NJ Firearms Laws and the permitting process.

It is a 2 step approval process through the municipality (or NJSP coverage) and the final say by a Superior Court Judge. The town (or NJSP) does the initial background and forwards that report stating they found no disqualifiers, but it doesn't guarantee approval and issuance by the Judge. I have seen them denied by the Superior Court Judge even though the applicant has an FID and has been issued permits to purchase handguns.

Thank you for the information. It’s just frustrating. There has been no permits issued in my county yet and nobody I’ve talked to seems to have any real answers. Just hearsay and confusion 

Edited by the truth

Just now, hostak126 said:

some courts are requiring in person hearings, others the judges are just approving and mailing them out. Depends on the county you reside in.

Some want to ask about things in your background on the record also

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Interesting. If you are not convicted of a crime barring you from obtaining a NJFID then why would you be denied for a carry license?

My bet would be if denied appeal the process with an attorney. 

You are innocent until proven guilty and being denied for something you have not been found guilty of as a prohibited offense should go to court.

NJ will have aong way to go for litigation. 

And people have the wrong idea. Just because you are nice doesn't mean you get what you want. Why would you go before a judge without an attorney to discuss what you say?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Sounds like a way back to may issue and not shall issue

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I saw an approved order from Ocean County and was told that Monmouth County is doing the same.

The court order has to be carried along with the permit.

The handgun has to be locked in the trunk while driving or a passenger.

Restrictions on where you can not carry.

It also specifies what gun can be carried.