IGNORED

Court hearing needed?

7 minutes ago, BothBarrels said:

Thanks, but no, don't go out of your way. Whatever it is, it is.

Kinda figured they'd start to bust chops.

Yea I'm sure they will.  Wich is why once someone applys and gets it they should carry it.  It's going to be a pain in the ass when someone calls police that you are carrying a gun but positive interaction will only help us.  And for 200 bucks even if someone isn't planning to carry do the permit

2 hours ago, the truth said:

So I just got a call from my buddy’s wife who works for the superior court in my county. Apparently the judge is going to be requiring in person hearings for concealed carry permits. My permit application has been sitting sitting idle in her office for 2 weeks and I was wondering what was going on. I will supposedly be receiving something in the mail for scheduling starting first week of October. Anyone else get any word on this? This is not hearsay, it’s direct from a court clerk who spoke to the judge. All the counties’ judges had a meeting recently to all be on the same page and this is the directive they were given

That is the process. If you don’t want to comply with the process, pull your application. Zero basis for a lawsuit

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Not surprised by this at all. TBH the judges are probably doing it as a CYA thing since they sign off on the permit, and let's be honest we all know that if an incident happens with a permit holder the civil lawsuit attorneys will be saying the issuing judge was careless, complacent, partly to blame, liable, etc... by signing off without meeting the individual before they issued the permit.

Not saying I like it at all, but kinda stuck with it until process changes.

I agree with @vdep217 best thing we can do right now is for people to get the permits and demonstrate we're responsible armed citizens and it doesn't equate to more gun crime like antis have been claiming

1 hour ago, the truth said:

Exactly. I’m not sure what the purpose of the hearing is. Maybe to just have record in the court of each application being reviewed? If the judge even has your application, you’ve already met all requirements and have been approved by your municipality. Your ID should just be signed and your pic put on and sent back for pickup. I feel like it’s just to make it inconvenient for people. One more hoop to jump through 

You are NOT approved by the municipality. By statute, the approval and issuance is done by a Superior Court Judge. The municipality does the background and forwards it to the county court. People have denied by the judge even though they were approved for and received FID’s and handgun permits to purchase

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

4 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

That is the process. If you don’t want to comply with the process, pull your application. Zero basis for a lawsuit

I have no plans on sueing anyone. I was just unaware that the process hadn’t changed. I don’t know anyone that has received a permit and nobody has posted anything about this, so I didn’t know

4 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

You are NOT approved by the municipality. By statute, the approval and issuance is done by a Superior Court Judge. The municipality does the background and forwards it to the county court. People have denied by the judge even though they were approved for and received FID’s and handgun permits to purchase

Well, I have been approved by the municipality. That’s why my application is at the court. It’s obviously not a full approval and they have last say. Everyone is learning this on the fly. That’s why these discussions are important. Nobody has all the answers. So if you do, please inform us

1 minute ago, the truth said:

Well, I have been approved by the municipality. That’s why my application is at the court. It’s obviously not a full approval and they have last say. Everyone is learning this on the fly. That’s why these discussions are important. Nobody has all the answers. So if you do, please inform us

Not sure if you’re on Facebook, but several pages cover just NJ CCs and others cover that and other NJ gun issues. Some applicants go before a judge and others don’t. It’s a judge by judge decision. But permits are flying out the doors in many areas according to these pages. Every day I see lots of posters showing off their permits, often blacking out their important personal details.  

6 minutes ago, the truth said:

It's not learning on the fly read the carry permit statute remove the justified need and there ya go

7 minutes ago, the truth said:

I have in every post I respond to about NJ Firearms Laws and the permitting process.

It is a 2 step approval process through the municipality (or NJSP coverage) and the final say by a Superior Court Judge. The town (or NJSP) does the initial background and forwards that report stating they found no disqualifiers, but it doesn't guarantee approval and issuance by the Judge. I have seen them denied by the Superior Court Judge even though the applicant has an FID and has been issued permits to purchase handguns.

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It's not learning on the fly read the carry permit statute remove the justified need and there ya go

Not a guarantee of issuance just because that was removed. I've seen denials already.

Just now, Bucndoe said:

I have in every post I respond to about NJ Firearms Laws and the permitting process.

It is a 2 step approval process through the municipality (or NJSP coverage) and the final say by a Superior Court Judge. The town (or NJSP) does the initial background and forwards that report stating they found no disqualifiers, but it doesn't guarantee approval and issuance by the Judge. I have seen them denied by the Superior Court Judge even though the applicant has an FID and has been issued permits to purchase handguns.

Have you seen them denied since the justified need is dropped?