IGNORED

anyone here hunt squirrel with pellet rifle?

Kype

have been hunting squirrel many years, but with shotguns. this year i want to buy a pellet rifle to make it a little bit more interesting. wondering if anyone here has one that they like and what caliber. i would rather a .22 but this is all new to me. i heard the .177 are more accurate but .22 has more knock down power (obviously) looking to buy this weekend or next.  thanks

kype 

I love squirrel hunting. We do it with 22s over here. Great practice for deer hunting. Actually the best there is for deer hunting. Im currently looking for a .32 cal flintlock to squirrel hunt with.

i wish nj would allow squirrel hunting with .22 shorts. nj lets you shoot 22 shorts into the trees at night (raccoon hunting) but during the day its illegal? go figure. i was torn between getting a pellet rifle or a .32 black powder. i have many percussion rifles that are VERY accurate, but i think i will stick to the pellet rifle for squirrel anyway. and yeah squirrel hunting is a blast. some people think eating them is weird, but they are outstanding. i guess thats good though, less squirrel hunters in the woods haha. and their tails can be sent to mepps or pather martin, i cant remember which one. i have probably close to a hundred that i will send out soon.