IGNORED

Guided Turkey Hunt (North Jersey)

stevestracq

12 hours ago, stevestracq said:

Looking to get out there for my first turkey hunt this fall.  Anyone know of some good guided hunts in the northern, or even central Jersey area?  Thanks in advanced. 

Contact Fisher at Learn to Hunt NYC. He runs a great operation geared towards mentoring new hunters. 

https://www.learntohuntnyc.com/

836FF06F-53E4-4E79-AF83-2AEF01055695.png

As other have said, I would save the dollars and wait til spring. Fall turkey is a whole different ballgame and toms do not respond to calling like spring. You pretty much have to stumble upon them, or know their pattern and ambush. You can scatter the flock then kee kee call them back together imitating a young bird that got separated and lost from the group.

Keep in mind that North Jersey- Sussex,Passaic, Bergin County's  have a much Lower Turkey Population  in recent years.  You might want to wait for Spring. 

This past Spring,I only encountered 6 Jakes on the Opener. Had them coming in to my Loud Yelping when a Shot Rang out very Close on this public Land..

You might want to get a Guide for some Turkey Rich Private Land next Spring.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

On 8/29/2022 at 9:56 PM, stevestracq said:

Looking to get out there for my first turkey hunt this fall.  Anyone know of some good guided hunts in the northern, or even central Jersey area?  Thanks in advanced. 

Also- Central New Jersey and more South have Alot more Turkeys then North New Jersey.

Warren County and further South- guys are taking Gobblers on a regular  basis - especially  on Private Land. That is your best bet for next Spring.

I was willing to take a Jake though on the opener this past Spring.  Had my Safety off and would have had a shot in about 5 seconds. BOOM as they were almost in my range and walking fast towards me. Saw 2 Fathers and 2 Sons and a missed Jake. Another member here had the same thing happen to him.

My advice- pay the money and get on Turkey Rich Private Land in Central to South Jersey.

TG,I had plenty of mature Birds to hunt on Public in New York. My hunting partner Cynthia killed a 26.2lb Gobbler on Public.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.