IGNORED

London Broil ?

jerseyhunter

What or how do you cook London Broil.  Only made it once or twice over 20 years ago and don't really care for it even if others made it.  I prefer venison naturally or if store bought Prime rib steaks or I would substitute Sirloin.  So I'm wondering what if any should I marinate this top round? I know I'm going to need it rare to be palatable but I've got to try it once.  It might make  decent stew or shish-ka-bobs.  Any advice? I'm only doing a half of one the other piece and a half are getting ground for tacos.

Marinate it in Italian dressing . For a few hours .

let it sit on counter to minutes to come to room temp .

9 1/2 minutes each side on grill 350-375 .

let it rest a few minutes before slicing .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I cooked a whole london broil this weekend on the grill. Came out great. Salt, pepper, garlic & peter luger steaksauce as a marinade. Got my grill as hot as I can get it 600F+ About 2 minutes on each side to sear it then I turn the middle burners where the meat is down to low and let it cook on indirect heat. Pull off at your desired temperature, let it sit 5 minutes, slice thin & enjoy!

Salt and pepper both sides.  Direct heat for 7 minutes each side.  Cut against the grain of the meat and slice thin.

A good bark or char on a London broil makes the difference.  That outer edge will pop with flavor while the rare inside will provide excellent meat flavor.  Get a decent cut, don't get a cheap cut.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Let it rest on the counter for at least an hour to come up to temp.  Salt and pepper on both sides.  Maybe some garlic and onion powder.  Hot grill or grill pan.  90 seconds, quarter turn and 90 more seconds.  Flip and repeat.  Perfectly medium/medium rare depending on the thickness of the cut.  It it's a super thick cut, move to the cold side of the grill and shut the lid, cooking with the indirect heat for another couple of minutes

I've made plenty of them. Many just salt and pepper and carefully grilled to perfection. 

But, many more with a marinade. Experimented with many, and we prefer different home made concoctions based around soy ... not the Italian ones. NMC02's link sounds great, but I've never tried it.

My wife has a sensitivity or allergy or something to soy, so I always make one with some other marinades for her, like Italian, etc .... but everyone else gobbles down the soy-based ones.

Good luck.

Most soy marinades, actually most all bought from a store, are loaded with salt.  Check the ingredients on any marinades and look at the salt and MSG (yes, many use MSG because it too is a salt) content and adjust as necessary after marinading.

Nearly all of the rubs I've seen sold in stores are mostly salt.  I avoid them and instead make my own rubs.  Plenty of recipes out there.

But be mindful of salt.  You can't unsalt something that is over salted.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Can always smoke/ cook it to make pulled beef, like pork but beef. Do a search for a recipe they are out there. We do that then seal and freze for easy meals, bbq sammiches, nacho’s, enchiladas, tacos and so on

Pineapple!!! 

Puree a fresh pineapple in a blender. Add salt pepper and garlic. 

Pour over meat. Only marinade for 1-2 hours. Flip meat 1/2 way thru. 

Pineapple enzymes  naturally tenderize the meat. If you leave it too long you have meat spaghetti. 

Rinse off in the sink. Then more S&P. Meat won't taste like pineapple though. 

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW