IGNORED

found a new crab bait - crow!

I shot a few crows at the end of last season and put them in the freezer to try as crab bait. Took it this morning to try it out... and I found that crabs love crow! Me and a buddy used squirrel and chicken on a couple handlines and traps, my dad worked just a single handline with crow... the chicken was barely touched, the squirrel was a hit, but crow was the main meal :rofl:

Crazy what crabs will eat. But now I need to up my game during crow season - I need to bag a bunch more for next summer's crabbing. :D Shoot a bunch of squirrel and crow and I won't have to buy crab bait all next summer.

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I shot a few crows at the end of last season and put them in the freezer to try as crab bait. Took it this morning to try it out... and I found that crabs love crow! Me and a buddy used squirrel and chicken on a couple handlines and traps, my dad worked just a single handline with crow... the chicken was barely touched, the squirrel was a hit, but crow was the main meal :rofl:

Crazy what crabs will eat. But now I need to up my game during crow season - I need to bag a bunch more for next summer's crabbing. :D Shoot a bunch of squirrel and crow and I won't have to buy crab bait all next summer.

Waste of good squirrels .

yard bird legs are cheap . Readily available .

and if your not catching crabs on them something is wrong .

takes us under 2 hours to fill a bushel basket , an hour for enough for a great meal .

less than an hour yesterday 

DE3B0015-C95A-4B98-9AEB-60FFD1FD8E74.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/