IGNORED

What chainsaw to use?

I like a shorter bar for better control.   I have a Stihl 362 with an 18” bar.    It’s a great all around saw for felling and bucking.

If the property is north of 78 and you want a bunch of stuff cut up you should host our next wood cutting party!   :bighello:  :whoo:

Edited by Rusty

3 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I use a 20" Stihl Farmboss MS391 on all the heavy stuff and use the 18 volt Milwaukee chainsaw for everything else.

Nice to have a small, light, battery operated saw for quick work. My 56 volt battery is heavy. 

Edited by archer36

24 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I like a shorter bar for better control.   I have a Stihl 362 with an 18” bar.    It’s a great all around saw for felling and bucking.

If the property is north of 78 and you want a bunch of stuff cut up you should host our next wood cutting party!   :bighello:  :whoo:

PA Rusty....whole other universe for you...:rofl:

1 hour ago, Trophy8 said:

Would be a Sthil for sure, have used what used to be 020 thru 098. He's thinking 18" bar, but I'm skeptical when cutting 12"+ diameter logs 

Seems with your  previous experience it’s odd you need input here.

most of these guys have no idea what an o20 (climbing saw )  is , or have ever used a saw as large as an o96.

you should be looking at something simaler to an old 038 to old 48 If cutting large stuff 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/