IGNORED

Lake Ontario salmon report

nmc02

Just returned home after fishing Fri, Sat, & today....a bit slow. My childhood buddy moved to Oswego about 20 years ago. I go up once or twice a yr to fish w him. We averaged 3 or 4 a morning/afternoon. Definitely was not on fire. Biggest fish was 26.04 lb. It was good enough to finish in 2nd place in a local tournament. Nice weekend away.

20220819_200013.jpg

20220820_143823.jpg

20220819_155036.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

Screensho(2).jpg

20220820_074004.jpg

11 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

Are they any better to eat out of the lake? I always fish the rivers but have only found a few ways to make them edible

I personally won't eat them. My buddies ate them and said they were good....meat looks far better out of the lake. I do not like trout or salmon for table fare....not even ocean run. I love tuna, halibut, black sea bass, haddock, swordfish, & monkfish. 

14 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

Are they any better to eat out of the lake? I always fish the rivers but have only found a few ways to make them edible

I like fishing the river better...more fun to me. I only fish the lake because my buddy fishes it and doesn't cost anything. I look forward to the river far more.

1 minute ago, nmc02 said:

I personally won't eat them. My buddies ate them and said they were good....meat looks far better out of the lake. I do not like trout or salmon for table fare....not even ocean run. I love tuna, halibut, black sea bass, haddock, swordfish, & monkfish. 

The river fish I will only eat smoked or pickled, I’ve never gotten one out of the lake so I’ve been curious. My offshore fishing this year has been terrible. Finding the time to go out has been tough & tuna fishing has been so spotty. I’m just hoping there is a good canyon chunk bite this year.

1 hour ago, HighEndHooker said:

The river fish I will only eat smoked or pickled, I’ve never gotten one out of the lake so I’ve been curious. My offshore fishing this year has been terrible. Finding the time to go out has been tough & tuna fishing has been so spotty. I’m just hoping there is a good canyon chunk bite this year.

Go to Cape cod tuna fishing...insane bite now