Jump to content
IGNORED

Lake Ontario salmon report


nmc02
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just returned home after fishing Fri, Sat, & today....a bit slow. My childhood buddy moved to Oswego about 20 years ago. I go up once or twice a yr to fish w him. We averaged 3 or 4 a morning/afternoon. Definitely was not on fire. Biggest fish was 26.04 lb. It was good enough to finish in 2nd place in a local tournament. Nice weekend away.

20220819_200013.jpg

20220820_143823.jpg

20220819_155036.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

Screensho(2).jpg

20220820_074004.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

Are they any better to eat out of the lake? I always fish the rivers but have only found a few ways to make them edible

I personally won't eat them. My buddies ate them and said they were good....meat looks far better out of the lake. I do not like trout or salmon for table fare....not even ocean run. I love tuna, halibut, black sea bass, haddock, swordfish, & monkfish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

Are they any better to eat out of the lake? I always fish the rivers but have only found a few ways to make them edible

I like fishing the river better...more fun to me. I only fish the lake because my buddy fishes it and doesn't cost anything. I look forward to the river far more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nmc02 said:

I personally won't eat them. My buddies ate them and said they were good....meat looks far better out of the lake. I do not like trout or salmon for table fare....not even ocean run. I love tuna, halibut, black sea bass, haddock, swordfish, & monkfish. 

The river fish I will only eat smoked or pickled, I’ve never gotten one out of the lake so I’ve been curious. My offshore fishing this year has been terrible. Finding the time to go out has been tough & tuna fishing has been so spotty. I’m just hoping there is a good canyon chunk bite this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HighEndHooker said:

The river fish I will only eat smoked or pickled, I’ve never gotten one out of the lake so I’ve been curious. My offshore fishing this year has been terrible. Finding the time to go out has been tough & tuna fishing has been so spotty. I’m just hoping there is a good canyon chunk bite this year.

Go to Cape cod tuna fishing...insane bite now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...