IGNORED

Reminder to check your energy bill - NJ energy compare rates online link

JHbowhunter

Just noticed my charge per KW hours hot up to over 20 cents, so my contract with Clearview energy ran out.   My bill doubled to $417 but of course one of the hottest months ever. 

I just signed a 36 month contract with Constellation, at 11.99 cents per KWH. 

Here is the link if you want to energy shop.    They also cover natural gas not just electric. 

https://www.powersetter.com/energy-rate-for-your/home/newton/nj/07860/jersey-central-power-light/electric/

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Just now, JHbowhunter said:

Just noticed my charge per KW hours hot up to over 20 cents, so my contract with Clearview energy ran out.   My bill doubled to $417 but of course one of the hottest months ever. 

I just signed a 36 month contract with Constellation, at 11.99 cents per KWH. 

Here is the link if you want to energy shop.    They also cover natural gas not just electric. 

https://www.powersetter.com/energy-rate-for-your/home/newton/nj/07860/jersey-central-power-light/electric/

Warned of this coming a few months ago .

all power companies had to notify you of these drastic rate increases .

with price of fuel generation cigars gave doubled , and unless you have a locked in price guys are going to get sticker shock 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

What happens when a pole on your street gets hit by a truck?  Do you still call the carrying utility company (PSEG  in my case I think) or the company you actually pay?

Has anyone had a incident where they lost power and the company owning the lines differed from the billing company?  Was the response worse than before or it fixed just as quickly?

7 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

What happens when a pole on your street gets hit by a truck?  Do you still call the carrying utility company (PSEG  in my case I think) or the company you actually pay?

Has anyone had a incident where they lost power and the company owning the lines differed from the billing company?  Was the response worse than before or it fixed just as quickly?

JCP&L is the service provider (for me), and I can opt to use them for my energy supplier, but since Constellation blows them away per KHW, I pay them for my usage.  I still get delivery charges and fees from JCP&L but this still saves a lot of money. 

It has nothing to do with service or outages. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

35 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

JCP&L is the service provider (for me), and I can opt to use them for my energy supplier, but since Constellation blows them away per KHW, I pay them for my usage.  I still get delivery charges and fees from JCP&L but this still saves a lot of money. 

It has nothing to do with service or outages. 

Our of curiosity, how long have ultra used Constellation?  I used JCP&L and read years ago that other service providers offer attractive rates initially but then there is no meaningful difference.  I never looked into but curious. 

2 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Our of curiosity, how long have ultra used Constellation?  I used JCP&L and read years ago that other service providers offer attractive rates initially but then there is no meaningful difference.  I never looked into but curious. 

I am leaving Clearview, they are offering contracts at 18 cents per KWH now.  They also just billed me over 20 cents, my last contract with them was for like 8 cents...  I never tried Constellation.    It's just the energy provider, electricity is electricity, so to me I am going on the lowest bidder per KWH....      JCPL is still my "SERVICE" provider. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I am leaving Clearview, they are offering contracts at 18 cents per KWH now.  They also just billed me over 20 cents, my last contract with them was for like 8 cents...  I never tried Constellation.    It's just the energy provider, electricity is electricity, so to me I am going on the lowest bidder per KWH....      JCPL is still my "SERVICE" provider. 

So it sounds like you have to be prepared to shop around as contracts expire? 

With the new government incentives that just went into law, solar may be an option.  I looked into it a few years ago and am now considering it again.  There is a way to earn carbon credits that you can sell on the market.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

3 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

With the new government incentives that just went into law, solar may be an option.  I looked into it a few years ago and am now considering it again.  There is a way to earn carbon credits that you can sell on the market.

A buddy of mine installed solar panels on his roof about 10 years ago.  He has a lease arrangement but insists it was the best move he ever made.  

3 minutes ago, Merkel said:

A buddy of mine installed solar panels on his roof about 10 years ago.  He has a lease arrangement but insists it was the best move he ever made.  

I looked at lease and buying and leaned towards buying.  Lots to consider between both options.  But at the end of the day you have fairly reliable power, and if the system is designed well enough, you can store power in batteries for up to two days.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

4 minutes ago, JD48 said:

There was a house fire in town a few years ago, fire dept. couldn't knock fire down due to solar panels blocking water from getting into attic, house was lost

Now you've given me a HUGE incentive to go solar.  House burns down, I move to NH.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

my work has solar panels. from what i understand whatever power we dont use goes back into the grid and the power company sends us a check.  

however we have hundreds of solar panels. so im sure homeowner is much different.