IGNORED

Wyoming Road Trip…What To Bring?

Leaving early Wednesday morning driving out to Wyoming for a pronghorn bow hunt. 3 days driving, 6 days in camp, 3 days driving back. I have everything packed that was on the checklist from the outfitter. What are some out of the box things that you have found helpful to have on an out of state trip? Or anything you would want to have in the truck for a road trip? 

11 minutes ago, Ringtail said:

Leaving early Wednesday morning driving out to Wyoming for a pronghorn bow hunt. 3 days driving, 6 days in camp, 3 days driving back. I have everything packed that was on the checklist from the outfitter. What are some out of the box things that you have found helpful to have on an out of state trip? Or anything you would want to have in the truck for a road trip? 

PM woodsman416

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

If you don’t have cruise control you’ll wish you did. You will be very glad to see Nebraska in your rear view mirror. It’s a road trip. I’ve done it probably a dozen times with another one coming up in a few days myself. Good luck and have fun!

without me, my rifle is nothing

portable power. especially the ones that will jump start your vehicle.

a good spare tire. 

AAA 

make sure your vehicle is ready for the long drive. 

you pack everything in the world for hunting, but if you dont make it there then there is no hunting

have a safe trip and post pictures. 

On long trips I always have a case of water a blanket and some sort of food just in case.  The starkist tuna packs are great fir this don't need to be refrigerated.   Simple tool kit plug kit and a way to start a fire you (road flare serves to purposes can signal and start fire quickly) never know.

Edited by vdep217

Lip balm… a safety harness in case you possibly hunt from a windmill…

Sun tan lotion

a small cooler to keep ice water in.. You keep small towels in there and periodically change them to keep your temps down and keep you cool..

reading material (long days)

seat cushion 

Edited by Shug