IGNORED

It’s DRY Out There

Was looking to get my fall plots seeded this weekend but the predicated rain for the beginning of this week disappeared. Farmers crop of beans is not looking to good . Dry all week up North with next chance of rain on the weekend .  🤞🏻🤞🏻  

FDD1C31F-E900-4272-B3A2-AA83EFC71E1F.jpeg

C3BDEBED-5C28-49B3-B2BA-B1F4DCE23DD5.jpeg

DBB041B7-A2D7-4FE4-B736-A4FF1F1EDF85.jpeg

Edited by Russ 11
Added pic

It's really bad.  This is a photo of my back yard underneath one of my walnut trees.  The ground has been cracked and parched for about a month.  I'm starting to see small trees dropping their leaves too.  Wanaque Reservoir was low, but not the lowest I've ever seen it.  However, the tertiary flow overs are now fields of grass, which is an indicator that we've gotten rain, but not enough to overflow the reservoirs the entire season.

IMG_1546.jpeg.fa34e5933ae335ee210e0d11edf1d4c4.jpeg

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Yeah it's bad. Beans now in central part of the state are low, see deer in the the beans should be up past their belly and they are only around knee high on the deer. It a tough summer. Only good thing with the drought is that there is very little standing water so hopefully no midges...no EHD

14 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Yeah it's bad. Beans now in central part of the state are low, see deer in the the beans should be up past their belly and they are only around knee high on the deer. It a tough summer. Only good thing with the drought is that there is very little standing water so hopefully no midges...no EHD

I remember hearing that during drought is just as bad for EHD. Drought exposes more of the muddy banks that the midges live in . Hopefully your right John . 

1 hour ago, Kype said:

yup. we need a major soaking. like a 2 day long soaker. and then more. as of now, fall trout season will be a dud. 

Best thing would be a few days in a row of 0.25" to 0.5" inches of rain each day.  The ground needs to soak, and a slow, steady rainfall over a few days would do wonders.  If it kept a pace of about 2" of rain each week, the situation would slowly improve.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Yeah I really feel for people who depend on plants growing for their livelihood, but, on a purely personal level I am loving this weather we’re having this summer. I could definitely live in an arid climate. 

without me, my rifle is nothing

I can’t remember such an extended period of heat/drought in northwest NJ. Rain is forecasted and then disappears. Ground is too hard now to broadcast seed in anticipation of a passing shower. We don’t need a storm. We need a string of drizzle and misty rain events. Anything else is going to run off and wash seed with it. Acorns falling early, and even mature trees are starting to brown up a bit.