IGNORED

Kayak launch Passaic river

Timo

I know a couple of places upriver from that.  Here is a map:

2145393676_ScreenShot2022-08-10at9_03_43AM.png.306afc252abc490fe3d66afeb11fb614.png

You can park on the shoulder near the red star and launch there (there's also a shotgun range on that road that's open to the public).  The river will flow to the red circle at Two Bridges.  Very slow moving and nothing but wilderness and swamp through there.  Lots of bugs, but it's a decent run.  The river move so slowly there that you could launch at the start and double-back.  Once you get past two bridges, the current picks up a bit.  I think there is a vacant lot where you can part at Two Bridges.  The slope is a bit steep to climb at that spot, but not impossible.  Best to scout it out and have a plan before you launch/land.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

33 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

2145393676_ScreenShot2022-08-10at9_03_43AM.png.306afc252abc490fe3d66afeb11fb614.png

You can park on the shoulder near the red star and launch there (there's also a shotgun range on that road that's open to the public).  The river will flow to the red circle at Two Bridges.  Very slow moving and nothing but wilderness and swamp through there.  Lots of bugs, but it's a decent run.  The river move so slowly there that you could launch at the start and double-back.  Once you get past two bridges, the current picks up a bit.  I think there is a vacant lot where you can part at Two Bridges.  The slope is a bit steep to climb at that spot, but not impossible.  Best to scout it out and have a plan before you launch/land.

That's a great route. Thanks for posting. I'm gonna try this out Saturday. 

http://cdn.njwoodsandwater.com/monthly_2022_08/2145393676_ScreenShot2022-08-10at9_03_43AM.png.306afc252abc490fe3d66afeb11fb614.png

Looks perfect especially with the peddle drive. To get down and back. Only issue is I’m smallie fishing and I’ve been finding them mostly in current. Are there any stretches on that route with decent runs?

36 minutes ago, Timo said:

Looks perfect especially with the peddle drive. To get down and back. Only issue is I’m smallie fishing and I’ve been finding them mostly in current. Are there any stretches on that route with decent runs?

You could launch from Two Bridges and get into the larger channels there.  I've always taken out there, so I am not familiar with the rest of the route.  Seems like I have some yaking to do and explore it!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

You could launch from Two Bridges and get into the larger channels there.  I've always taken out there, so I am not familiar with the rest of the route.  Seems like I have some yaking to do and explore it!

Are they still doing work down by two bridges?

1 hour ago, Timo said:

That slow moving section is big pike waters. If you get hit by one of them hangon!