Jump to content
IGNORED

Possibly coming to nj?


Recommended Posts

I know it's California but their law preventing advertising of fire arms to youth has caused tge team to pause all activity.  Could this effect nj youth programs if a similar bill is passed here.  Such as thr youth pheasant deer duck and turkey hunts.  I think it's their back door way of getting youths involved with shooting sports.

 

https://www.fieldandstream.com/guns/california-gun-law-ends-youth-shooting-league/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is insane!!!

God forbid you have an activity that promotes safe gun handling and discipline to kids, especially considering it's a well established sport at the  collegiate and Olympic levels.

Wonder how this will play into California's next bid for the Olympics since you'd have minors competing for their countries in the biathlon and skeet events??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DJ0808 said:

This is insane!!!

God forbid you have an activity that promotes safe gun handling and discipline to kids, especially considering it's a well established sport at the  collegiate and Olympic levels.

Wonder how this will play into California's next bid for the Olympics since you'd have minors competing for their countries in the biathlon and skeet events??? 

I'm sure there are organizations on it.  But even on a smaller level what about youth 3 gun competition etc.  If this gains traction I can see it effecting youth hunting events 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I know it's California but their law preventing advertising of fire arms to youth has caused tge team to pause all activity.  Could this effect nj youth programs if a similar bill is passed here.  Such as thr youth pheasant deer duck and turkey hunts.  I think it's their back door way of getting youths involved with shooting sports.

 

https://www.fieldandstream.com/guns/california-gun-law-ends-youth-shooting-league/

It will be defeated by a 1A challenge.  Been following it.

https://reason.com/2022/08/05/desperate-california-anti-gunners-wreck-junior-shooter-clubs/

""The broad-sweeping law applies not only to 'commercial speech' targeting children or encouraging them to engage in unlawful behavior, but to a great deal of political and educational speech, truthful commercial speech aimed at adults, and speech promoting activities that are perfectly lawful to engage in—even by minors in California," warns their motion for a preliminary injunction, which will be heard in federal court on August 22. "Because the law is not tailored to serving a compelling governmental interest, it violates the First Amendment rights to free speech, assembly, and association.""

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not only youth hunting events, but what about JROTC, Civil Air Patrol, Scouts, etc. that include firearms as part of their programs???

I hope this gets challenged soon and stopped in it's tracks for the BS it is!!!

I mean honestly how many kids participating in these programs are getting the take away from the programs that they should use a gun to commit a crime???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DJ0808 said:

Not only youth hunting events, but what about JROTC, Civil Air Patrol, Scouts, etc. that include firearms as part of their programs???

I hope this gets challenged soon and stopped in it's tracks for the BS it is!!!

I mean honestly how many kids participating in these programs are getting the take away from the programs that they should use a gun to commit a crime???

Already being challenged.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

The scotus ruling included wording that fees could not be exorbant.  They tried thus already and it didn't pass

The current bill is in committee. 

The SC ruling did not rule out constitutional challenges for exorbitant fees.

If the bill passes and you think $100 per year is exorbitant feel free to challenge it.  

Screenshot_20220810-075629~2.jpg

Edited by GoldRushGang
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

The scotus ruling included wording that fees could not be exorbant.  They tried thus already and it didn't pass

Spot on!

I think Democrats grossly miscalculated their anti-gun posture.  It came as a surprise to them that organizations like the Bronx Defenders supported the Bruen decision.

Anti-gun laws are rooted in racism.  Black and brown people are overwhelmingly and disproportionally affected by gun violence and gun laws.  And there has been an awakening in that community recently, and I don't see that going away anytime soon.

Increasing fees will tie directly back to the Bruen decision and several Friend of the Court documents filed concurrently with Bruen.  They've been highlighted as racist and will easily collapse under judicial review.  You cannot make 2A rights only accessible to people who have money.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

The current bill is in committee. 

The SC ruling did not rule out constitutional challenges for exorbitant fees.

If the bill passes and you think $100 per year is exorbitant feel free to challenge it.  

Screenshot_20220810-075629~2.jpg

Unlike you most of us have been following this since it's infancy well before the ruling Thomas's decision included wording that fees could not exceed thst of what the average citizen can afford.

  The fee changes were brought to a vote 2 or three years ago and did not pass I'm sure they will try again but failure of it to pass is very high

Edited by vdep217
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Unlike you most of us have been following this since it's infancy well before the ruling

Somehow you think that you know how long I've been following firearms issues? 

24 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Thomas's decision included wording that fees could not exceed thst of what the average citizen can

I just posted a screenshot of the only mention of exorbitant fees in the SC ruling.  Nothing in the ruling says the fees can not exceed that of what the average citizen can afford. 

Here's the ruling. Take a screenshot of what you are claiming

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf

 

Edited by GoldRushGang
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

Somehow you think that you know how long I've been following firearms issues? 

I just posted a screenshot of the only mention of exorbitant fees in the SC ruling.  Nothing in the ruling says the fees can not exceed that of what the average citizen can afford. 

Here's the ruling. Take a screenshot of what you are claiming

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf

 

Ok I'm done playing games you posted exactly what I said.  Again you have a reading comprehension problem.  "We do not rule out constitutional challenges to exorbant fees lengthey wait times or permitting that denies ordinary citizens..  meaning that they can be challenged basically a precursor to saying exexorbant fees will be ruled unconstitutional.  

It says can not rule out 

It does not say can not rule on

1660140267313.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Ok I'm done playing games you posted exactly what I said.  Again you have a reading comprehension problem.  "We do not rule out constitutional challenges to exorbant fees lengthey wait times or permitting that denies ordinary citizens..  meaning that they can be challenged basically a precursor to saying exexorbant fees will be ruled unconstitutional.  

It says can not rule out 

It does not say can not rule on

1660140267313.png

Unreal!

That's exactly what I said!  If the the bill passes and you think the fee is exorbitant feel free to challenge it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...