IGNORED

They Say a Safari is Too Expensive?

From Bowhunting Safari Consultants:

Desert Sheep Mexico $28,000 (Note: this may be incorrect. Prices in their catalog are over $60K)

Alaska Moose $22,500 

Woodland Caribou Newfoundland $13,000

Elk British Columbia $28,500

Audad and Deer Combo Texas (4 days) $12,500

Anyone that claims African Safaris are too expensive are seriously mistaken. 

Edited by archer36

16 minutes ago, archer36 said:

From Bowhunting Safari Consultants:

Desert Sheep Mexico $28,000

Alaska Moose $22,500

Woodland Caribou Newfoundland $13,000

Elk British Columbia $28,500

Audad and Deer Combo Texas (4 days) $12,500

Anyone that claims African Safaris are too expensive are seriously mistaken. 

I'm looking into one for me n my wife not bad at all.  My mom wanted to go just with a camera it's more than doubled the price than if u hunt

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

I'm looking into one for me n my wife not bad at all.  My mom wanted to go just with a camera it's more than doubled the price than if u hunt

When I went in September last year, all of the Male Clients had a Wife, Daughter, or some other Female with them. I was the only one with a son as a companion. Some hunted, some went on side trips. There are all kinds of activities for the Women. Lots of couples go on their Honeymoon there. They do a great job catering to people's needs and you can almost always expect great weather. 

20 minutes ago, splitrockoutdoors said:

What's the average Africa Cost?

Well it's hard to put a number on it because of the great variety of game offered. I'll look at it this way, a "beginner" 7 day  Safari for Plains Game that would include 4-5 animals would cost around $4,500.  The animals would most likely be an Impala, Wildebeest, Gemsbuck, and Warthog. 

As with any other hunt, it does not include your transportation to South Africa (or wherever) , the shipping of your trophies, and taxidermy should you choose to get it done there. 

Once you get these, your future hunts would probably be animals with higher trophy fees. There still are lot of reasonably priced (trophy fees) animals There are some great bargains there right now. A Sable Antelope which would have cost $6,000 four years ago can be had for less than half of that if put into a package with other animals. 

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Well it's hard to put a number on it because of the great variety of game offered. I'll look at it this way, a "beginner" 7 day  Safari for Plains Game that would include 4-5 animals would cost around $4,500.  The animals would most likely be an Impala, Wildebeest, Gemsbuck, and Warthog. 

As with any other hunt, it does not include your transportation to South Africa (or wherever) , the shipping of your trophies, and taxidermy should you choose to get it done there. 

Once you get these, your future hunts would probably be animals with higher trophy fees. There still are lot of reasonably priced (trophy fees) animals There are some great bargains there right now. A Sable Antelope which would have cost $6,000 four years ago can be had for less than half of that if put into a package with other animals. 

A guy I work with went on an African hunt. He only hunted plains game. 4 or 5 different antelope, a warthog, and an eland. The costs of shipping and taxidermy were more than the hunt itself

1 minute ago, the truth said:

A guy I work with went on an African hunt. He only hunted plains game. 4 or 5 different antelope, a warthog, and an eland. The costs of shipping and taxidermy were more than the hunt itself

If it was in 2021 then the shipping costs in that year and early 2022 were crazy.  They are coming down now. 

If you consider having the same amount/type of animals shipped a thousand miles or more within North America, it's pretty expensive too. 

46 minutes ago, archer36 said:

If it was in 2021 then the shipping costs in that year and early 2022 were crazy.  They are coming down now. 

If you consider having the same amount/type of animals shipped a thousand miles or more within North America, it's pretty expensive too. 

Oh for sure. It’s just the nature of it and something you have to factor in to the cost of any hunt no matter where you go. 

3 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

To each their own.....why would anyone want to kill African Game in 130 degrees F.

I don't know about that 130 degrees.

The same reason someone would hunt in minus 20 degrees. :hmmmer:

Hunters are a little crazy I guess. 

Edited by archer36

2 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

To each their own.....why would anyone want to kill African Game in 130 degrees F.

The experience of hunting in a different place with animals that dwarf what we hunt mostly here .

variety of game for the price is a bunch of hunts booked into one .

.ANTICIPATION .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/