IGNORED

The real answer to the question...

DV1

The last post is locked but the actual answer is not that hard to understand.

The Gold Rush/Nick/Chelsea poster hung up on the wording that one permit is good for any gun you want to carry is missing the additional fact that you still need to actually qualify with each gun you want to carry.

All that  wording you are stuck on means is that you do not need to apply for a different permit for each gun: each gun you qualify with can go on the one permit.

Without that wording, they could make you apply for a different permit for each gun (assuming you wanted to carry more than one) you qualify with.

This means every gun you qualify with is covered under ONE permit, but you still need to qualify with it. That is the interpretation.

There are statues that cover the permitting law (what you quoted), and then there are other statues that cover the qualification (what others have shown you). You need to comply with them all, it's not whatever you choose. 

Full disclosure...I'm not a gun law expert lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :up:

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Concealed carry only because something attainable in NJ a month ago.  The laws weren't written to apply to the general population.  Now they are applying it to us, and these poorly constructed laws are being strained.  The NJ legislature, the one that ensured that the general public could not exercise their 2A right, most likely will not fix/improve this fiasco.  They have no incentive to, and if it can entrap lawful gun owners, all the better.

If I offended anyone, other than nicmarch, with my toxic rhetoric last night, I apologize.  It was not appropriate.  Mods should ban me for being a trolling jerk.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

14 minutes ago, buckhound said:

So you guys are saying the states top Gun lawyer is wrong ????  Has the law changed last month or so?

I've seen him in court, he knows his stuff, but some of his interpretations need further judicial scrutiny which only comes from from higher courts and can change what exists. His winning percentage isn't 100 percent either. Seen that too

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Concealed carry only because something attainable in NJ a month ago.  The laws weren't written to apply to the general population.  Now they are applying it to us, and these poorly constructed laws are being strained.  The NJ legislature, the one that ensured that the general public could not exercise their 2A right, most likely will not fix/improve this fiasco.  They have no incentive to, and if it can entrap lawful gun owners, all the better.

If I offended anyone, other than nicmarch, with my toxic rhetoric last night, I apologize.  It was not appropriate.  Mods should ban me for being a trolling jerk.

I propose, give you a pass, learn from your mistakes, maybe probation

5 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I only accept bribes for forgiveness 500 rnds of 45acp should suffice

5 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Your punishment is to watch all 400 laps of the NASCAR race today and give updates on here

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

7 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I've seen him in court, he knows his stuff, but some of his interpretations need further judicial scrutiny which only comes from from higher courts and can change what exists. His winning percentage isn't 100 percent either. Seen that too

Lmao so you are saying he is wrong? I guess i should cancel my lawshield and hire you . Smh i guess thats why he says never listen yo a cop whennit vomes to the gun laws 

9 minutes ago, buckhound said:

Lmao so you are saying he is wrong? I guess i should cancel my lawshield and hire you . Smh i guess thats why he says never listen yo a cop whennit vomes to the gun laws 

You are listening to and quoting a secretary of a Chief ?  Coming from the website of the lawyer who tells you never to listen to a cop about gun laws ? Smart move, do as you wish

Edited by Bucndoe

8 minutes ago, buckhound said:

image.jpeg.3ce5987e02f9e7e92df4bd4b73ea66aa.jpegimage.jpeg.35a4473c0fc5165857f2ca5f23cef1b8.jpeg 

This is why I always say you are free to test your understanding of the law in front of a progressive NJ judge who has a wanton distain for firearms.  It's the judge's interpretation that matters the most.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.