IGNORED

Anyone have any real answers to this question?

So like many of you, I’ve submitted my paperwork and have been printed and now I’m just sitting twirling my thumbs waiting for my carry permit. I’ve heard lots of information about what weapon you’re allowed to carry. I was under the impression that it had to be the weapon you qualified with (you can qualify with multiple guns). Now I’ve heard that once you receive your permit you can carry whatever pistol you want, regardless of whether you shot it to qualify, as long as it’s legal and registered to you. I can’t find any information on this anywhere. Anyone know if this is true or just hearsay?

Edited by the truth

5 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

It is NJ so this shouldn't surprise anyone but the Judge who approves the permit can specify the types of handguns that can be carried, where it can he carried and for what purposes it can be carried.

No that was struck down with the scotus decision.   As far as I know you need to qualify with gun u will carry and to add you have to request an amended permit to the issuing party

23 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

No that was struck down with the scotus decision.   As far as I know you need to qualify with gun u will carry and to add you have to request an amended permit to the issuing party

Can you show any official documentation? 

13 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You have to qualify with each pistol you plan on carrying.  If you don't qualify with it or can pass qualification with it, you cannot carry it.

From the Official NJ Legislature 

Read the first paragraph.  Then scroll down and find where it says what the judge can do. 

https://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&vid=Publish:10.1048/Enu

8 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

Read the first paragraph.  Then scroll down and find where it says what the judge can do. 

https://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&vid=Publish:10.1048/Enu

This just takes me to a general overview of all statutes. Where is what you are referring to located within the list?

12 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

If you'd like to test your theory in front of a judge, be my guest.  This is NJ, and you will be made an example of.

At my holster training class in July, I was told by 3 LEOs that you need to qualify with each gun you want to carry.  I am going to take their advice and avoid prison.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

6 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

If you'd like to test your theory in front of a judge, be my guest.  This is NJ, and you will be made an example of.

At my holster training class in July, I was told by 3 LEOs that you need to qualify with each gun you want to carry.  I am going to take their advice and avoid prison.

Do judges rule according to laws or what 3 LEO say? 

3 minutes ago, GoldRushGang said:

Do judges rule according to laws or what 3 LEO say? 

In NJ judges legislate from the bench and don't always rule on the law as it is written.

From an actual lawyer who is an unequivocal firearms law expert in NJ:  https://www.evannappen.com/how-to-get-your-nj-carry-permit/

"Written proof of qualification and ownership with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying if your application is approved. This must be recent at the time of the application and must also be obtained from a certified firearms instructor."

I will take Evan Nappen's word over most.  Especially yours.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

That's is saying one permit for all handguns you own but you still must qualify with what u will carry.

Number 6 on list of applying for permit to carry.

Screenshot_20220806-191226_Web Browser.jpg

Great minds think alike!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.