IGNORED

Clinton Range

OldPiney Woods

9 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I often wonder if it is legal to go on state land (where hunting is permitted) & shoot there. Benefits are no one else there. 

No. Page 69 of the new 2022-23 Digest in the Wildlife Management Area Regulations section:

image.png.adf56bcf1fbf62383fe80207dbbf1ce1.png

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

I often wonder if it is legal to go on state land (where hunting is permitted) & shoot there. Benefits are no one else there. 

Com' on Nick you know the answer:whistling:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

Yeah and it was before they even started shooting

There is a site I go on not going to mention it here but it covers my local area there was a lady a couple years ago that is adamant wanting to have it shut around the same time they built the new benches, allowing 30 caliber. The range been there like forever, then these yuppie liberal anti's move out here from the city. Didn't they know what they were buying into?

Realtors must have showed them the house when the range was closed.Sucker.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

There is a site I go on not going to mention it here but it covers my local area there was a lady a couple years ago that is adamant wanting to have it shut around the same time they built the new benches, allowing 30 caliber. The range been there like forever, then these yuppie liberal anti's move out here from the city. Didn't they know what they were buying into?

Realtors must have showed them the house when the range was closed.Sucker.lol

I see people that buy houses next to an airport, and then complain about the planes. There’s no hiding an airport. Unreal…

Before I ever buy another house, I plan on doing a few things:

1) drive by and hang around on a Saturday morning and evening

2) drive around during morning and evening rush hour times

3) drive around during a weekday mid-afternoon

4) drive by on a Sunday morning

You'll know what shenanigans go on around the neighborhood if you do those things :)

1 hour ago, Jcol6268 said:

I see people that buy houses next to an airport, and then complain about the planes. There’s no hiding an airport. Unreal…

Yup, I remember when the residents were in an uproar over teterboro

It kills me when these people that buy a property next to one that inherently produces noise, then complain or sue about the noise.

Was stationed 3 years at Naval Air Station Willow Grove and people would call in noise complaints all the time some of them almost daily.

It's like you bought a house or rented near a naval air field and then want to complain about the noise level. Wtf???

I also remember when I leased a townhouse in VA Beach, and it was right there in the contract that I acknowledged and understood there were a number of military air bases in the area so frequent loud and/or low flying aircraft would not be cause to break the lease.

I think the term is gentrification.  When a certain group of people want to take their values and way of life from where they were originated and relocate somewhere and push their values in that area even though that area has its own set of values/traditions.  Growing up in the pocono mountains I was all too familiar with it.  Plenary of imports from NJ and NY.  Not all people were bad and it did drive the local economy well.  But, you’d hear all the comments about anti hunting, hillbilly’s, rednecks, Hicks….etc.  

They moved there though.  Shouldn’t they assimilate to our culture?  Or at the very least keep their mouths shut?

all in all what I learned is no matter what, when or where there is going to be someone who feels it is they duty to push their views and way of life on another.